6.0 troubles!!!

Cress4556

Hi guys I'm new to the forum. I hoping I can find answers for my issue. I've got a 2004 ford f350 with the 6.0. I've just recently replaced my HPOP and installed an EGR delete kit and new oil cooler. After getting it running today took it for a test drive and now have a lack of power. I didn't have this problem last week after installing the EGR delete and oil cooler and first hpop which was bad and I had to replace it again today. Starts great idles great no smoke and no codes just lack of power now. Help please??

I'm no ford expert other than what I read on here. If you search and read you might find some hints on what to check or look for. More than likely, someone else has experienced a similar problem to yours before.

Have you covered the basics? Fuel pressure? Ford brand filters? FICM voltage? Does it sound like it's running smooth or is it dropping a cylinder? You don't have a rag stuck in the intake from wrenching on it do you? (Seen it before)

Here's one to read.
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127753&highlight=6.0+power

Last edited:
Found the problem the vacuum hose to the map sensor had come loose. Thanks for the help though

Back