6.0L HPOP, best place to get one??

Matt62188

i am wokrin on an 03 6.0L and was just wondering if anyone knew where might the best place to get a new HPOP for it. i know the 03's and 04's had issues with them and i was curious to whether anyone knew if there was anyone that builds an upgraded HPOP or if i should just go go through ford for a new one?
thanks,

Matt

Haven't heard many '03-04's having problems with the HPOP. The big problem i've heard of was the STC fitting on the 05's and up. If your lookin for stock i'd say get it at ford, but dieselsite.com has a modded HPOP.

Last edited:
Most times HPOP failure is caused by the HPOP filter failing and going through the HPOP. If you remove the IPR and find particles on the screen it's only a matter of time until the HPOP goes. The dealer is the best bet for a replacement or IH if you have a part number.

what i've learned on the 03's and 04's hpop's was that they dont last as long??...something with the desgin internally fails overtime...within 150,000 miles. not sure if it's true, cus i am workin on an 03 with 145,000 miles and it runs just fine. and i have seen 170,000 mile 6.0L's with factory hpop. anyways, thanks.

it does have stock injectors, air-dog fueling, and i should be alright to go with the adrenaline hpop by dieselsite.com on stock injectors shouldnt i?

i have a Adenaline HPOP on my 7.3l with stock injectors and it works great

Copied and pasted right off their website..."These are DIESELSITE Adrenaline High Pressure Oil Pumps for 2003-2004 6.0L Powerstroke engines. This will be improvement in performance over your stock pump for stock or larger injectors. Note for 2005-2007: you can only use this if you retrofit all your rails and HPOP components out to the 2004 version, or wait for our 2005-2007 version"

Dieselsite sells modified stock pumps for less money then a rebuilt from Ford.

Local International dealer sells for less then Ford as well.

If you haven't bought a stock pump yet, check out the remans built by Diesel Injection Service Co. They have a branch in Cincy and also Columbus Diesel Supply is theirs too. Their six branches are here http://www.dieselusa.com/locations.html
Lot cheaper than Ford or the the Bosch remans that they could also sell you. Don't know if they build jacked up pumps.

diesel site will not take your 03 pump as a core they said they can not be rebuilt, i had to go threw ford to get one for my buddys 03, diesel site told us theirs an 90 percent chance that our 03 core would not be a good one so they would not take it

Ford price 525.00 , adrenaline pump for 6.0 N/A - been waiting for a year. They are available for 7.3. Buy the one from Ford.

diesel site will not take your 03 pump as a core they said they can not be rebuilt, i had to go threw ford to get one for my buddys 03, diesel site told us theirs an 90 percent chance that our 03 core would not be a good one so they would not take it
Like I said above, DIS in Cincy or Columbus Diesel Supply remans them and can sell these in the areas where they are authorized by Bosch in, which includes OH. But I hear good cores are hard to find. Should be less than $500 retail.

Back