6.4 24v p pump build questions inside-advi welcome

ctdthrasher

Figured I'd post here since it's more of a 24v motor than anything else. I'm in the process of building a hot street/casual drag motor to drop into my 98 12v chassis. I want it 1000 hp capable but will keep it 700-800hp on the street. Here's the plan-6.7 block, carillo long rods, fancy wide bowl 6.7 pistons, 7x13s from PDD, maxed 180 pump with 5k gsk, colt stage 4 cam, 64.5 sxe over 488 (or 591). Truck will get arp 625 studs, balancing, push rods, springs and all the small supporting mods. About half the parts are on order now and some are getting worked on already. My main question here is whether or not oversized valves and a side draft intake mani are necessary or not? And will they hurt spool? Head will receive a home port and polish job. Just not sure if oversized valves are necessary at all. Also would like to hear from guys with side draft intakes if they think it will hamper daily driving.
thanks in advance:ft:

.040" larger intake valves at the least, exhaust if you can swing them as well would be good. That paired with a top load intake will have much larger gains than a port job. Spool up will be much quicker, some say it will hurt spool but that's if you port heavy, if you just do a light porting then the larger valves and top load will help spool up along with top-end.

I feel as though it is too late to offer some sound advice, but it seems as though you are focusing on the wrong areas.

Back