6.4 build running a 80mm on stock fuel

6.4boy

Ok, changing up the build a little. I've decided to run a single s480 double batmowheel instead of just upgrading the low pressure turbo. I do have gurus plans for fuel. Maybe the cp3 kit if it ever comes out. Dropping the truck off at Rudys this week to do s480 single kit (manifolds, up pipes, down pipe and intake), intake elbow, intercooler pipe, porter fuel rails and head gaskets. Since I'm running the Spartan I'm hoping to get some custom tunning done by River City Diesel to maybe help the spool up. What do you guys think this setup will be capable of at the track? I've pulled 1.64 60" times before so I have the traction. Would like to run a 12 flat. We will see! I'll keep you guys posted!

s480 on stock fuel? That bish will be a dog.

Regardless let me know how it works LOL

The double batmowheel has the batmo design on the main blades and the splitters.

I'm not 100% sure in the deference between a batmowheel and double batmowheel but I believe its the small fins on the wheel. On a batmowheel only the bigger fins are actually the batmowheel design. The smaller fins are just flat across. The double batmowheel, the smaller fins are also the batmowheel design.

Batmowheel
http://www.turbokits.com/Images/Parts/Om54EvCi02FBatMoWheel_opt.jpg?watermark=turbokitslogo.png

Double batmowheel
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/299020_10150329431307711_568842710_8127945_2009867328_n.jpg

s480 on stock fuel? That bish will be a dog.

Regardless let me know how it works LOL

Will do. I've talked to Aaron Rudolf alot about it and we are planning on river city diesel doing the custom tuning on the Spartan.

Seriously if it works....well then awesome - your goal is to beat 704 IIRC on stock fuel that was done with a single 72.

Good luck with the build. Myself and craig are both running single S480. Craig has hit 10.8 in the 1/4 with his CC and i ran 11.2 with the truck defueling between shifts. With dual fuelers and 100% injectors you will be around 1000HP on fuel. Without fuel good luck running everything, i highly recommend not doing it. Let me know if you have any questions, aarond did my S475 build, so he does have knowledge of it

Sent from my DROID Pro

What turbine wheel?

Good luck with the build. Myself and craig are both running single S480. Craig has hit 10.8 in the 1/4 with his CC and i ran 11.2 with the truck defueling between shifts. With dual fuelers and 100% injectors you will be around 1000HP on fuel. Without fuel good luck running everything, i highly recommend not doing it. Let me know if you have any questions, aarond did my S475 build, so he does have knowledge of it

Sent from my DROID Pro

Haha hell might as well try it. I'll let ya know how she does man and will get some videos on here. How does your 80 spool with your setup? Smoky?

If i ease into the throttle there is nothing but a slight haze. But if i also get into it i can black out a highway.

Sent from my DROID Pro

Nicks truck spools pretty fast, once you learn how to drive a single 6.4 you can run them with pretty much no smoke

spool up is almost instant. I am running a .90 A/R housing with a 87mm wheel and i have zero complaints. Spools up enough to break the tires loose at 60

Sent from my DROID Pro

Lol you are a pro at spooling my truck by now mike. Dont worry you have plenty more races coming up with it.

Sent from my DROID Pro

Nicks truck spools pretty fast, once you learn how to drive a single 6.4 you can run them with pretty much no smoke

Yea, my buddy just did a 72mm on stock fuel and he said the same thing.

spool up is almost instant. I am running a .90 A/R housing with a 87mm wheel and i have zero complaints. Spools up enough to break the tires loose at 60

Sent from my DROID Pro

Yup my same turbo

Back