6.4 Cummins Race Block, pistons, girdle, etc

Blacksdieselhp

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I have a 6.4 we were building for a customer and he decided not to go as wild. Its a 6.7 block, filled, decked, fire ringed, 14mm mains with gorilla girdle, bored 20 over. It comes with block, crank(installed), girdle and 14mm mains(installed), new pistons/rings with flycuts and coating. This setup retails for around $7000 with whats listed. Asking $3000. Or we can build to customer spec. Contact me for pricing.

How tough would it be to install a 12 valve head on this short block? Obviously, the pistons would have to be changed. Or maybe the best bet would be to switch to a 24v p-pump design??

How tough would it be to install a 12 valve head on this short block? Obviously, the pistons would have to be changed. Or maybe the best bet would be to switch to a 24v p-pump design??

Ive heard of a few guys doing it. You have to do some work on the oil holes for the rockers so they will cross over. I did see an Iveco engine with a 12v head and 6.7 block on ebay. It was out of a case tractor. So there maybe a h12v head that will bolt right on.

Depends on your power goal. I would assume whatever it gets used for would require billet rods.

I have billets coming for a 5.9 CR I'm building but would like a 6.4. Haven't done anything 6.7 are the rods different lengths is what I'm asking.

Ya this is a screaming deal. I wish I could buy it. Free bump for a badass motor by a badass guy

Back