6.4 fuel issues

Redhawk118

New to the comp d website because I have an issue with my 6.4. Driving to work the other day, truck stalled and would not restart. I changed the fuel filters 2 days prior to the truck stalling. It ran fine with no issues until I got to work and it died. Did a little troubleshooting by opening up the top fuel filter to see if I was getting any fuel. All that was coming out is little fuel shots with mostly air bubbles. So I moved to the HFCM to see if fuel was getting there. Usually take a bath in fuel but I opened up the lower fuel filter and there was no fuel to that. When the key is turned on it sounds like it's priming but I suppose it could still run even if just pumping air. I regularly change my filters at 6000 miles and drain the separator at least bi weekly. I'm leaning toward the lift pump but I just would like some things to think about. Thanks

make sure you had the lower filter lid tight and a good seal with the O-ring

All was good. Took it to a guy to get worked on. Replacing hfcm just hoping there's no more damage. I am leaning toward no but you never know

Back