6.4 in the 11's

I know Matt has that truck running good..but it better have a 50 in it if he's claiming 80's on 7 holes.

I read somewhere he had a bad 60ft. So if he gets that injector fixed and has a better 60ft a 50 might be attainable??

I need the rest of my parts here so I can go to the track lol.

regardless if its on 7 cylinders..its got the mph for 11.50's... his 60ft was like a 1.75... if he can get that down..it's 5's-6's all day long.

I'm not disputing the run, but with a dead hole your talking 1/8th or better power reduction. I'm thinking the holes firing, the signals not getting to the gauge thats reading it. I know when I had a dead injector, mine went from low 13's to high 15's on fuel.

taken from PowerstrokeNation.com :

Shakes at idle, and has codes P0263 (Cylinder 1 Contribution/Balance) P02CD (Cylinder 1 Fuel Injector Offset Learning at Maximum Limit) and P0201 (Injector Circuit/Open- Cylinder 1). Short term fuel trim for cylinder 1 was past 40%; which is the threshold where the injector is shut off by the PCM until the next drive cycle.

But just assume it was on 8 if anyone is worried about it. Won't offend meLOL

That is an awesome run. I couldn't imagine making a full bore run on a dead cylinder. Any number of mechanical problems can kill a cylinder, let alone electrical. I would have never done it not knowing for certain what the failure was.

That is an awesome run. I couldn't imagine making a full bore run on a dead cylinder. Any number of mechanical problems can kill a cylinder, let alone electrical. I would have never done it not knowing for certain what the failure was.

only thing i can say is..he tunes it himself..he owns spartan, so im guessing he knew there would be no damage.

I'm wondering if it came back alive at WOT.
Nirous in a dead hole usually equals bad stuff happening.

It's a bad ass run no matter what happened. I hope it was dead and he gets it going full bore and runs even quicker.

That's kind of what I was getting at. In injector missfire can be caused by valve damage, rod, rings, piston, scored wall... Other that the injector open code I wouldn't have trusted it under that load.

Balls to the wall man

Make no mistake about it, that's freakin awesome, no matter how many holes were going, but having one of them dead all the time has a host of problems to make the power necessary, and I didn't even consider the nitrous in the dead hole.

wow... i have a feeling that during the pass it was able to use all 8 cylinders, or maybe 7.5 cylinders LOL but that's fast regardless

It very well may have been doing *something* at WOT, because after hearing it in the video it didn't sound like a dead miss.

After a few test drives today it was on, off, on, off. As fuel temps go up it gets worse and worse. Chances are it was firing but who knows how much actual fuel. Glasseater's 7.5 cylinder comment sounds pretty realistic.

Nonetheless, the 11.5 or 11.6 would have happened had I removed my head from my ass, as I was fooling around with the nitrous and boost controller instead of paying attention at launch. The 11.8 run happened with a miserable 1.873 60ft time...which is down at that "pathetic driver" range:hehe:

Hopefully we will be returning next weekend with a new stick, and I'll try to actually drive the truck this time.:poke:

glad someone said it!!! :hehe:

Oh I have no problem admitting it.

If I can drive like someone who actually kinda knows what they're doing and get things a bit more dialed in for next weekend, there's no reason I shouldn't get kicked out of the track until I come back with a cage.

I also think there are some inherent fuel system issues going on too; as IMO there is more to the injector issue that what meets the eye. I'll elaborate on that more from a technical standpoint as I build proof for the theory.

Back