6.4 newbie questions.

WILD_PHIL

Guys I am buying a 08 4X4 CC F250 with 217k miles on it. I have a 05 F250 with a 6inch lift, 37s, and it has 70k on it. The 08 is listed for 8500.00 and I am going to pick it up on Saturday. Dealer says it is 100% fine just a lot of miles, and the bed is beat up. Thats fine with me because my 05 has a 2010 bed, tail gate, and lights on it in perfect condition. So heres my plan. I am going to take the axles and lift from my 05 and put them on this 08. Keep the tranny and tcase out of my 05 for spares when this 08 tranny craps out. I am ordering a remanned 6.4 long block from performance machine MFG, and plan on buying a set of 100 horse sticks from II. Now PMM told me to just buy a FASS or Airdog for the LPFP, but that I would need to get the dragon fire HPFP in order to run any thing over 60hp sticks which I already read. So I come to yall asking does all this sound like it will work? Has any one ran a performance machine engine? Any better suggestions on LPFP and HPFP? Whats the best EGR delete kit to buy? Is H&S the best tuner? I also have my junk 6.0 that is complete, I have seen that people are running the 6.0 manifolds with a customer uppipe, are there any other parts I should keep off my 6.0? Will I be able to swap my suspension and axles off my 05 on to the 08? I got a lot of questions, and I appreciate any help in advance. I hope all of this will work and I can finally get back to the blue oval with some trusted reliable daily driven power under the hood.

Suspension will swap.

Why injectors? Stock fuel system will suport 700hp on fuel only and 900+ on big spray.

Im doing a single charger on my 6.4 right now. I have the 6.0 manifolds on it and i built all my up pipes. The S469 fits in there awesome. I am just running 40% injectors and an airdog. I should have enought fuel for a clean 750HP. You will want to do head studs, EGR delete, valve springs and pushrods. Also with that many miles on it you will have a plugged intake so have fun cleaning that out.

I'm buying a ling block from performance machine. Already has studs head work. Just need the deletes, sticks, and supporting mods. Seems like most of you guys are against the big injectors. Lol

Well not against them, but a lot of guys have made it seem like the 100hp sticks are serious over kill.

Now how in the he!! Did I forget that. Lol OK thanks for pointing that out FordGuy24. Suggestions on turbo set up for 100 HP injectors

Now how in the he!! Did I forget that. Lol OK thanks for pointing that out FordGuy24. Suggestions on turbo set up for 100 HP injectors

Tow powers or Elites new bdget compunds if you tow/streetable power

OR

s471-475 if you just want power.

Will I need a different pedestal for a S475? I still need to be able to tow occasionally and daily drive it.

I am selling a T4 single kit, comes with manifolds, uppipes, ic pipe, oil lines, etc.. i had a 480 and a 475 on it. Sold both unfortunately. Just a FYI if you go the single route

this is my single turbo set up. S469 i plan on pulling a goose neck with a sled pulling truck on it this summer and it's enought air for 825hp. I will be around 750 b/c I will not have the fuel.

Attachments

• single turbo build.jpg
    single turbo build.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 0
  • single turbo build2.jpg
    single turbo build2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 0
Back