6.4 powerstroke vs. 6.7

VMAX

I thought that the 6.4 is offered 2008-09. Do the 2010 trucks have the 6.4 or the 6.7? I am getting mixed findings on the web. Anyone found official hp numbers on the 6.7?

6.7 is not available yet (ford that is) just the 6.4 for another year

I thought that the 6.4 is offered 2008-09. Do the 2010 trucks have the 6.4 or the 6.7? I am getting mixed findings on the web. Anyone found official hp numbers on the 6.7?

The 6.4 is '08-'09. The Powerstroke 6.7 is '10. It is supposed to hit the lots in February I believe, although you can order one now. Rated numbers are supposed to be 400/7??. And rumor has it that a tuner out there has access to one of the motors already and is seeing 700+ hp at the crank with a tuner.

The 6.4 is '08-'09. The Powerstroke 6.7 is '10. It is supposed to hit the lots in February I believe, although you can order one now. Rated numbers are supposed to be 400/7??. And rumor has it that a tuner out there has access to one of the motors already and is seeing 700+ hp at the crank with a tuner.

Impressive. I have decided to go with it or the 08-09 on the next truck. You just cant beat the interiors on these newer models. Looking forward to seeing how far the 6.4 and 6.7 internals will make it putting 700 plus hp on them.

Is any of the top tuners able to switch from one tune to the next on the fly? Sure is nice having 5 tunes to switch on the fly with my dmax.

Not that I'm aware of, at least with the good tunes. But as far as I know most people havebeen riding around and towing even in the hottest tunes. The bottom ends have been holding up to 800+ rwhp so far. The guy that just ran the 10.66 in his 6.4 only has studs, valve springs, and pushrods. Some porting also I believe. Stock injectors and turbos with nitrous. Calculator puts him right at 900rwhp.

Spartan Tuning, Intake, 4" Turbo-back, Suncoast, Spearco & IC Pipe, CFM+, Porting on Engine, Upgraded Springs/Valves, Elite Fuel System/Rails, Elite HPFP, EGR Delete with Wastegate, 2 stage nitrous.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70993

The 2011's have the 6.7L. It appears they'll be available in the first quarter of next year.

It should be interesting...

Lots of untapped power, already being "tapped" :pop:

Sorry, you're correct. I mean the 2011 Powerstroke is a 6.7, available in early 2010.

Not that I'm aware of, at least with the good tunes. But as far as I know most people havebeen riding around and towing even in the hottest tunes. The bottom ends have been holding up to 800+ rwhp so far. The guy that just ran the 10.66 in his 6.4 only has studs, valve springs, and pushrods. Some porting also I believe. Stock injectors and turbos with nitrous. Calculator puts him right at 900rwhp.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70993

Amazed the fuel system will support that power out the box. You would need dual CP3 and lift pumps to get anywhere near that with a dodge and chevy. Air system well I can see that with twin turbos and gobs of nitrous. He did build his tranny too right? All though they should be good for around 700.

Amazed the fuel system will support that power out the box. You would need dual CP3 and lift pumps to get anywhere near that with a dodge and chevy. Air system well I can see that with twin turbos and gobs of nitrous. He did build his tranny too right? All though they should be good for around 700.

Correct, but there are several that have gone north of 700rwhp on the stock trans (with nitrous), like BIGRPOWR for one.

Bigrpower hadnt done his tranny, but is now going to. He has now hurt it with the nitrous

Bigrpower hadnt done his tranny, but is now going to. He has now hurt it with the nitrous

Oops, yup. Said 2nd gear is toast. Dang weak-ass stock trans can only hold up to 600ish rwhp apparently. LOL

I think the stock 5R110 will live a while with 550 - 600 hp in front of it. The "110" designation is directly related to the amount of torque the Torqshift will handle. Hence, 1,100 lb-ft.

So, guess what the 6R140 means? :rockwoot:

That Ford is using a 2x's power rating safety factor. :D
I read that it also has a paddle shifter. You put the gear selector in "M" and it'll hold what ever gear you select, even if it's bouncing off the rev limiter.

I read that it also has a paddle shifter. You put the gear selector in "M" and it'll hold what ever gear you select, even if it's bouncing off the rev limiter.

I saw that on the paddle shifter too. The six speed is a great bonus. I might wait for the 6.7 to come out, be tuned and tested hard..... Then find a used stocker. Will the new tranny hold more power than the 6.4 tranny?

I saw that on the paddle shifter too. The six speed is a great bonus. I might wait for the 6.7 to come out, be tuned and tested hard..... Then find a used stocker. Will the new tranny hold more power than the 6.4 tranny?

No idea, but it sounds like it will.

That is going to be awesome!

Back