6.7 Conversion Wiring

That place is right down the road! I am going to give them a call.

Tobin

That is crazy. Pretty much everything I'm involved with is some sort of barter. I wire houses and move folks and haul their hay and just what ever in trade for special pricing and free crap. I'd be glad to program it for ya once we figure out what SPN's and numbers you want to use.

I'm using a proprietary SPN on my channels in order to up the transmit rate of the module. I think we are up to 50ms updates now from 250ms. I was trying to get the data loggin' as close to real time as I could.

Just sent ya an email too.

Last edited:
Just talked to Mike there. Real helpful

The XM500 is about $262.00 and the software is $470.00. Only need to buy the software one time.

I am totally game if we can figure out the PGN & SPN signals. Wondering how much of it is Cummins and how much is Chrysler's.

Tobin

How do you know that it is needed for full power? I do not doubt you, just want to understand.

Dyno and data log. For some reason the Smarty gets around it. Without it only 60-70% engine load achieved and lower on power. Not my personal truck, but talking with other people with the conversion.

Tobin

So I'm assuming VSS stands for Vehicle Speed Sensor. Would it by chance be refering to

SPN 84 Wheel-Based Vehicle Speed
Speed of the vehicle as calculated from wheel or tailshaft speed.
Data Length: 2 bytes
Resolution: 1/256 km/h per bit, 0 offset
Data Range: 0 to 250.996 km/h Operational Range: same as data range
Type: Measured
Supporting information:
PGN 65265

PGN 65265 Cruise Control/Vehicle Speed - CCVS
Transmission Repetition Rate: 100 ms
Data Length: 8
Extended Data Page: 0
Data Page: 0
PDU Format: 254
PDU Specific: 241 PGN Supporting Information:
Default Priority: 6
Parameter Group Number: 65265 (0xFEF1)
Start Position Length Parameter Name SPN
1.1 2 bits Two Speed Axle Switch 69
1.3 2 bits Parking Brake Switch 70
1.5 2 bits Cruise Control Pause Switch 1633
1.7 2 bits Park Brake Release Inhibit Request 3807
2-3 2 bytes Wheel-Based Vehicle Speed 84
4.1 2 bits Cruise Control Active 595
4.3 2 bits Cruise Control Enable Switch 596
4.5 2 bits Brake Switch 597
4.7 2 bits Clutch Switch 598
5.1 2 bits Cruise Control Set Switch 599
5.3 2 bits Cruise Control Coast (Decelerate) Switch 600
5.5 2 bits Cruise Control Resume Switch 601
5.7 2 bits Cruise Control Accelerate Switch 602
6 1 byte Cruise Control Set Speed 86
7.1 5 bits PTO Governor State 976
7.6 3 bits Cruise Control States 527
8.1 2 bits Engine Idle Increment Switch 968
8.3 2 bits Engine Idle Decrement Switch 967
8.5 2 bits Engine Test Mode Switch 966
8.7 2 bits Engine Shutdown Override Switch 1237

Last edited:
Dyno and data log. For some reason the Smarty gets around it. Without it only 60-70% engine load achieved and lower on power. Not my personal truck, but talking with other people with the conversion.

Tobin

I'm sending my ECU to destroked to have a recovery file loaded that comes from Smarty. It will eliminate the SKIM and hopefully take care of the VSS issue.

If you buy a Smarty you can get the file on it, but I will be running HS programming so I need to have it loaded separately.

yes sir! VSS = vehicle speed.

Do you have the software to program the XM500?

I will get one if you think it will work. I know someone that needs one now.

Tobin

I'm sending my ECU to destroked to have a recovery file loaded that comes from Smarty. It will eliminate the SKIM and hopefully take care of the VSS issue.

If you buy a Smarty you can get the file on it, but I will be running HS programming so I need to have it loaded separately.

Go EFILive and don't look back.

Tobin

Go EFILive and don't look back.

Tobin

Too late, I already have the HS. They have MCC which is supposed to give the same type of parameter control that EFI has along with the gauge and limit features. I think it will work out.

yes sir! VSS = vehicle speed.

Do you have the software to program the XM500?

I will get one if you think it will work. I know someone that needs one now.

Tobin

I do have the software and don't mind programming your module for ya. We just need to make sure we do it correctly the first time so we only have to ship the module once. I don't wanna let you down. :D

We can get it all diagrammed out and double check everything first. I can make the XM500 transmit the data on any PGN you want the sensor to go to. I just need the sensor info to double check and make sure it is 0-5V or 4-20ma. We can offset it too if we have too.

Tobin, check this out. It comes pre-programmed, no software, and you just wire it in. It is about half the cost of the configurable XM500.

FW Murphy - MeCAN

Check the tabs for "diagram" and "literature".

How did you wire up the smart relay wires from the ecu. this is how I think its suppose to go but a little unsure.

pin 85-smart power relay return
pin 86-12v ignition
pin 30-constant 12v
pin 87-smart power relay feed

Back