6.7 cummins allison 1000 swap?

b.scheid

greenhat
anyone have any info about this swap or insight on it no negative comments no i dont want a manual i feel that the allison 1000 swap with a built allison will more inexpensive and last longer then a built 68 will.... please keep the negativity out of this thread i have prices on everything besides the custom driveshafts and it adds up to about 6200 for including a 1200hp build kit for the allison from revmax :umno:

i was planning on using the destroked kit then for tcm i was going to use the half year allison/8.1 tcm programming like my diesel guy has in his h1 hummer that he swapped ive got the prices on everything and was looking for first hand experiences on doing it and such on cummins forum eveyone was completly against it and said it could not be done but thats the cummins forum so i figured id ask on a forum with a wider range of users

Thats what we have in quite a few UPS trucks. I drove one for a couple years. Nice running combo but would've been much better if we could've deleted the DPF.
Chassis was Freightliner, so you might be able to find some info from them.

Last edited:
Would you like to save some money on the system?

I originally used the destroked programing. There is better out there. The one above that TheBac mentions uses Allison programing, not GM which is what Destroked uses. I just switched to the Allison programming and it works much more consistently. The company I got it from hopes to have their own module with their own programming in it by this summer. It will have the ability to give a person custom programming and be able to select different shift schedules and give you different tunes on the fly, push a button for performance and push again for economy.

@bwdt yea id love to save some on the system what company is creating that computer will it be 6 speed controllable? pm me if you want with more info!

The company name is cumminsallisonconversions. and yes they do the six speed.

Good luck.

I have the adapter plate, Suncoast billet triple disc converter and adapters and flex plate. Converter is new. I have 2 allison 5 speed trans.
All for sale if you want it,.

FYI you won't get a 1200hp build using revmax parts in an allison.

Actually you may, one of the biggest problems with the Allison is the GM programming. If you use Allison programming, you should be able to run a lot more power through them. You may need to spoof the pressure control circuit into thinking everything is normal. Talk to Dave with Cummins Allison Conversions.

Actually you may, one of the biggest problems with the Allison is the GM programming. If you use Allison programming, you should be able to run a lot more power through them. You may need to spoof the pressure control circuit into thinking everything is normal. Talk to Dave with Cummins Allison Conversions.

Programing won't "make them hold alot more power". You want to hold power..you make hard part changes in the trans, not tuning changes.

I have an Allison conversion for sale all destroked parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That CAC website reads like something Wade or Hogue would make up. Id be wary.

X2 on all Mike said about the Alli. You'd be in the same boat as us Dmax guys, with a limit of +100hp max on the stock trans.
Id also be wary of people who make their own TCM programming. You do not want to mess with shift timing or defuel. Easy way to make an Allison eat itself.

i just ordered billet 68rfe parts for my truck friday..... got a steal of a deal on the parts i need to hold the power i want to make i really couldn't pass it up if anyones interested i talked to dave at cumminsallisonconversons.com and he was extremley knowledgable of the swap if i do decide to tackle this task down the road if the 68rfe fries ill bring it back with a full write up!

Programing won't "make them hold alot more power". You want to hold power..you make hard part changes in the trans, not tuning changes.

If you can change pressures and shift points electronically, then yes, you could make a trans live longer with tuning.

If you can change pressures and shift points electronically, then yes, you could make a trans live longer with tuning.

You could, but you can't. Electronics don't control the pressure on the '10 and older 1000's.

Changing shift points won't do anything, and playing with the shift defuel and shift timing is playing with fire. You can shorten up the shifts and make it "feel better" but you are going to tie up a clutch pack and twist up hard parts. That's what Mike is referring to.

Back