6.7 cummins rail sensor curve.

Just for the future reference Bosch has been kind to us on all the rail pressure sensors.

0.5vdc = 0 psi
4.5vdc = max psi for the sensor

So if you have a 160 bar, 170 bar or a 270 bar sensor you just insert that for the 4.5vdc point.

Just for the future reference Bosch has been kind to us on all the rail pressure sensors.

0.5vdc = 0 psi
4.5vdc = max psi for the sensor

So if you have a 160 bar, 170 bar or a 270 bar sensor you just insert that for the 4.5vdc point.

Um no, my Bosch sensor is .5 to 3v. If you used .5 to 4.5 on that sensor you'd be in for a hell of a surprise.

Dramatic much? What's up?

From my Not-So-Smart phone

Nothing much, just one piece of information I was counting on from a rock solid source was incorrect.

Last edited:
Give me the Bosch Part Number from yours and I will have it checked at Bosch for you. The information I gave you came straight from there engineer and I have found it to be true on every rail pressure sensor I have worked with.

Um no, my Bosch sensor is .5 to 3v. If you used .5 to 4.5 on that sensor you'd be in for a hell of a surprise.

Nothing much, just one piece of information I was counting on from a rock solid source was incorrect.

You talking about my info Willis?

Sent from my iPhone

No, Its solid of course. Four years ago I got an upgraded rail sensor from Bosch motor sports (so it seems safe to assume its a Bosch sensor)....but any ways was told it was the same one the 6.7's were running.

So my truck has always had the right curve .5=0 3v=220Mpa(the curve that the Bosch engineer gave me). But the truck we just set up did not.

Last edited:
Yes, it should have been 1900 bar and I made the same typing mistake on my example as well.

Now I feel retarded.

Stock 6.7 sensor is 29000psi, 2000 bar or 200mpa.

Apologies!

Sent from my iPhone

Aren't we talking Mega pascals and not milli pascals?

From my Not-So-Smart phone

Now I feel retarded.

Stock 6.7 sensor is 29000psi, 2000 bar or 200mpa.

Apologies!

Sent from my iPhone

LOL....thanks for clearing that up. Now if I was a mod I'd delete all the crap and make us look intelligent....:doh:

no its ok, I'll admit being wrong, just don't tell my wife that ;)

Back