6.7 Destruction

rjp

Go or Blow
Just recently lost the bottom end of my 6.7. My truck is in the 900+ hp range and and I'm in the process of rebuilding.If there is anyone in the know of how much piston to valve clearance is needed,are preferred i would greatly appreciate some advice.Here is a pic of the drivers side view.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Official 68RFE Suncoast Test Truck
IMG_20101112_154450.jpg

Yea it was a very interesting ride to say the least.I didn't even have to take the motor mount bolts out to pull the motor,it just came right out with the mounts still attached to the truck.

So this was from stock rod breakage?

Yes,all but number six.Cylinder walls and pistons looked great except for the cracks from the rods breaking and hitting the bottom of the skirts.One piston did manage to fall into the bottom end and roll around with 5 rods though.

IMG_20101112_154427.jpg

IMG_20101112_154412.jpg

Just out of curiosity, what were you doing to cause that to happen? Thats crazy!

I was doing about 75mph and rolled into the throttle,Keep in mind i had just left from suncoast converters about five hours prior to this happening.I have never seen 90psi boost on my truck until the comp 68RFE tranny.I ended up getting to 110mph when she let go.Here is a not so good video of the easy throttle pull i made before the destruction.The first part is real bad as i was trying to get it to show up on my droid,but at the end you will be able to see the boost at the top drive is in the middle and you cant see the 480 on the bottom.

I was doing about 75mph and rolled into the throttle,Keep in mind i had just left from suncoast converters about five hours prior to this happening.I have never seen 90psi boost on my truck until the comp 68RFE tranny.I ended up getting to 110mph when she let go.Here is a not so good video of the easy throttle pull i made before the destruction.The first part is real bad as i was trying to get it to show up on my droid,but at the end you will be able to see the boost at the top drive is in the middle and you cant see the 480 on the bottom.

Back