6.7 Head Gasket

mudder500

Bout to finally year my head off my 09 and stud and gasket it. Head gasket head been leaking and finally started pressuring coolent way too much to drive. Which kit is the best to get on the market? I saw couple different ones from Sinister and CPP....... Only wanna do this once. Lol. Thanks guyd:bang

I would wait until you can do 625's, seen way to many 6.7's come back for 625's and a new gasket after studding with 425's. And the factory head gasket is the only way to go, make sure to get the head resurfaced flat also.

Maybe I can find someone make me a deal on some. Is it cause the 6.7 has higher drive pressure??

As long as the gasket is genuine Cummins I'd say your fine no matter where it comes from. 6.7's like to blown gaskets due to higher cylinder pressure which can be from a number of things like high drive, tuning, timing etc. ditching the stock turbo and going t4 foot will help but id still go 625's no matter what.

Man not what i wanted to hear 625 what are you guys torque to? 425 set at 125 just won't cut it?! 1000. For studs sucks!

I put 425 in my truck and haven't seen a failure yet. Didn't remove the head though.

Why is the factory gasket the only one recommended? If it failed once with one.
What about a cometic gasket?

I always use the 6.7L marine gasket, believe .020 thicker, with 625's on a 6.7L.

Tuning is usually the cause of blown gaskets from what I know of.
Chris

425's are sufficient for most applications. We've done at least 20 6.7 gasket jobs this year, only 1 we recommended 625s and none have been back. A lot of what I've seen is poor inspection/prep of the block and head that lead to repeat head gaskets. Also we only use factory gaskets.

I have no clue. That was my initial thought also. Few shops I talked too said it was most likely head gasket.... Should I delete it first and c what happens? This what looked like when pulled cap off after noticing coolent being pushed out cap on way to work. It's just a small layer of it on top of anti freeze.

4577AAC6-D02A-40E2-909C-C418E0719A71_zpsjdyqmlwk.jpg

I don't think there'd be oil in the coolant if it were an egr cooler issue.

Yup started showing more after I changed water pump and t-stat. Had all signs of head gasket. Specially hooked to boat lol

Final verdict tuning number one in making them live! Use factory gasket. 625 optimal 425 and pray it holds but then again tuning is going to play a big part in that! Drive /cylinder pressure seems to be the culprit! I still need a good EFI GUY Les seems to have disappeared so anyone tried and tested in CA good for a 6.7 tune??

Back