6.7 injector removal tool?

I'm having a heck of a time getting some injectors out of a 6.7 engine. I don't have a specific tool to do the job and am looking for one. Either to buy/rent/borrow ASAP.

Any help would be appreciated.

its called a screw driver or pry bar...seriously not jokin..just above retainer that bolts injector down there is a shoulder there just pry up gently

already tried it, there isn't much of a shoulder on these 6.7 injector bodies to pry on and I don't want to damage them. I've pry'd as much as I feel comfortable doing.

Some google searching revealed that Miller makes a tool that works for all the common rail injectors. I've never had to use a tool on the other CR injectors I've done but they were all 5.9 injectors.

SPX Miller Special Tools | Detail: 9010A - REMOVER/INSTALLER, FUEL INJECTOR

Last edited:
Just pulled a set out of a customers truck today,remove the tubes and hold down bolts and pryed very lightly under the shoulder and wiggle a little while prying.They will come out.

I use the tool that you use to remover door clips with. I know that it sounds silly, but did you remember to pull out the tubes? Normally you can almost pull out with your fingers (if they were put in properly) all that holds them in is a little ball

I can relate to what he is saying.
#1 on mine did not want to come out,
even tube didn't want to come out.
I bought tool to get tubes out, I had
to force injector out. Going back in
same thing. The other 5 in out no problem.

On my 5.9 I use a 90* flat head screwdriver. Works like a charm. I assume that the 6.7 would also work well with this same method. That being said, the Miller tool is a good piece, but I can not see spending money on it when I have the screwdriver already.

as said above, make sure the delivery tubes are out... honest mistake! after that I used the biggest flat screw driver we had in the toolbox, not as a prybar but I put the tip under the shoulder & against the head and gave it a little twist, and the injector "pops" right out

yes all the tubes are out. I tried both #1 and #2 and neither one will come out with a good amount of force. I may see if I can find a heel bar, that may do the trick.

When you put those 2 back in you will
need to put deep well socket on injectors
to get them in. tubes will need to be tapped
in also. With enough pressure injectors will
come out. On my head I think those 2 have
a flaw in head from factory.

Last edited:
You guys have to be missing something... I've never had an injector fight me like that

When you go to put them back, you need to feel them in.. you should never have to force them in with a socket. When I stick the injector into the hole, I spin it around in the hole until I feel it drop a little.. once you feel that you should be able to just push it in by hand. You will feel it pop a little as it sits into place.

I also have a jar of rotella I keep handy for re-assmebly... everything gets covered in it prior to install, especially O-rings...

Make sure you have the fuel tubes out and they should come out with a little pry... all mine came out without problem...

Lay a blanket over the engine and hold on to it while some one cranks it over, the compression will pop them loose, just dont put ur head over them while its crankin if u like how ur face is arranged!

Back