6.7 semi solid motor mounts

JL Builders

On a quest for more power
IMG_20130414_183051_601_zps6d39d9dd.jpg

Finished these today. Using polyurethane DOM tubing, chromoly sleeve and some 1/2 inch plate.

Um...prothane inserts on oem mounts with fresh paint and bolts? 26 bucks and a little elbow grease.

Um...prothane inserts on oem mounts with fresh paint and bolts? 26 bucks and a little elbow grease.

I think your trying to spell polyurethane. And no it's not that simple. Have you ever seen a 6.7 mount?

This is the rubber inside a stock mount that I pressed out
IMG_20130415_111554_584_zps84b6a374.jpg

One half of my plate with DOM pipe
IMG_20130414_173842_693_zpsd9fc8db6.jpg

Plates installed. Please notice no rubber insert. This pic is also before I welded the DOM pipe in.
IMG_20130414_165825_443_zps4ed95ce4.jpg

Last edited:
I have seen plenty of motor mounts...6.7 included and I didnt spell anything wrong.

Prothane 4508 - Cummins Motor Mount Inserts. 4508

These work amazing....just a FYI so you dont reinvent a more expensive wheel.

Question for you however...what keeps the side plates from banging/clanging/binding on the oem cast arm (block side)?

The plates are notched and fit into the mount. There will be no banging, moving or binding. Its a machined fit with 2 bolts squeezing it together.

I have no problem reinventing a better more expensive wheel. Its OK if you don't like them. I am sorry for my assumption of misspelling.

I would definitely agree that JLbuilder's mounts are a real nice piece. On the subject of engine mounts and an even cheaper alternative to the urethane inserts mentioned I filled all the voids in my 5.9 mounts with 3m WindoWeld it helped quite a lot. I've wondered if any one was making a truly soilds mount like JLbuilder's, that's real nice work.

After seeing the machined lip to ride snug on the inside...i also agree that thhose mounts are a fine piece of work.

I can personally vouch that the "band aid" works as i no longer need a chain to hold down my engine on the driverside and keep my top pump out of my hood.

They did not add noticeable vibration or road noise iin thhe cab either. With as small as a bushing as the op is showing....is it coonsidered a competion mount only due to the above concerns or also a 1000 hp daily driver for the few freaks out there with twisty problems?

I also had this problem. My new mount uses 1/2 inch grade 8 bolts
IMG_20130416_181222_086_zpsdd1d844d.jpg

Lol...mine looked like that too!

I thought the stock is a 10.9...which is stronger than grade 8?

The 10.9 is a metric rating and is almost the same as a grade 8. Using 1/2(.496)inch instead of the factory 10.8mm or 11mm(.425inch) made it a tighter fit.

If I bend these I'll just get better bolts. And I'll be happy cause I'm making some power.

I think the slop is he cause of bent bolts. Itt happens all the time on shock bolts (off road racing). Maybe i will swap to 1/2 inch...

Back