6.7l cummins and questions

northernslope

lookin for snow eh!
A little back round first the truck is a daily driver/sled puller. it has a 6.7l cummins with a g56 6spd trans. I have a bunch of question so i will try to word this correctly. the truck is a quad cab longbox has a 6in superlift with cooper stt tires 35's and full length traction bars. do they make a detroit locker for the rear aam axle ? what do they make for the front ?? i would like to do a hub conversion and add a true trac. I dont want to do a air locker if i dont have to. for the trans do they have any upgrades for the g56. I am looking at a sbc 3850 clutch for the truck. any other options or ideas ? I want to run a twin turbo set up and also a intake and exhaust from a 5.9l. I looked into a xrt tuner to make this happen since the smarty isn't code,egr and dpf free yet. also 80hp injectors are as large as the aftermarkert offers ? what the biggest differance between 6.7 and 5.9l injectors. the dealer said a set of injectors for a 6.7 was like betwwen 7k and 10k.lastly cylinder head work and headstuds ? 12mm and firering. I am looking for any input that would be helpful thanks,

the 6.7 smarty is code, egr, and dpf free now. Its called the 6.7ME.

I don't know much about the axles, but for the tranny you can get the internals cryogenically treated as well as a larger diameter input shaft. The 3850 clutch should be enough, but if it isn't you could step up to the 4200 although it would be less street friendly. With the extra displacement over the 5.9, you could probably run a 64-66mm top turbo and a S480 bottom and it would still be streetable. Might want to consider water injection too. 80 hp over stock injectors would be a pretty good size, most high hp street 5.9's run 90 hp injectors, some 120's. Then P&P, valve springs, studs, O-rings, manifolds, and intercooler. And you will want to find a tuner that stacks with the Smarty, not sure what though.

i have an xrt and it works good,it throws an exhaust pressure code but don't affect how the truck runs,i have egr blocked and the cooler gone,dpf gone,tuner set on 120 and avrg.18 to19 mpgs going to add fass 150,sbc dbl dsc and hightech turbo 66,71,16 and manifold i have priced twins and they are pretty high, i deal with walley fte performance he could help ya out,oh my truck is a 08 6.7

Not much point spending money on the G56. Its not strong, and cant readily be made strong enough for pulling.

Swap in an NV5600? Or even an NV4500 just because strong parts have been readily available for quite a while now.

They make alot bigger then 80hp injectors just look around alittle, i would step up to the 4200 feramic, on the street they are not that bad at all to drive, i everyday drove one for a year or so with no problems, I would go with the xrt because you are right they shut off everything and elimantes them, the smarty you still need sims at this time. heads studs are a must alot of people are blowing head gaskets, and go with 625's not 425's. Running bigger injectors over 80hp you will need an upgraded cp3 or dual cp3s for sure, dont know your thoughts on Industrial Injection, but I would give them a call they could set you up with about everything you would need.

Back