6.7L Progress Update

EFI Support

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Everything is rolling along well.
We've put the scantool for the 6.7L into beta, and we've also been test flashing (in house) the ECM this week too. Part of this process is trying to 'break' the ECM. We've flashed it with different model year programs from 2007 to 2009, we've even flashed it with a GM Trans computer on the bus to simulate a CAN module not silencing, so far it's all held up well. So things are progressing at a great pace without too many glitches, and surprisingly the flash times aren't too bad at all at just over 4 minutes.
We aren't going to commit to a public release date at this stage, but we have told the beta testers we hope to have them tuning the 6.7L by the end of this month if everything continues along smoothly.

Cheers,
Ross

CMC_Flash.png

Jake, the programming hardware has a lot to do with the reflash times. For example, with GM, the TechII is slow as molasses when it comes to programming, some ECM's can take over 15 minutes (which is slow for GM), those same ECM's we can flash in about 2. The transfer between the TechII (GM) and the PC is very slow and they send data on the CAN bus very slow, so all up it just takes a long time.
I've not seen what Dodge dealers use for programming the ECM but it's probably suffering a similar thing to GM's TechII, slow at the PC side and slow on the CAN bus.

That makes sense. But it seems efi was able to do it in 4:09 here whereas before it was 28:--

Or am I getting the full flash vs. Read times confused?

Jake

Ah yes, you are getting the read and write times confused. Read = Slow, Write = Not bad.
Thing is, it's not like you read the truck multiple times, so although it's slow it's not something you do many times on the same vehicle.
Now, if we could execute our own read code in the Cummins like we do on GM we'd be reading them in about 2 minutes flat, but, as I've said before, we are constrained by what Cummins provided and it can't be overridden.

Will 2010 up 6.7 follow this release of 07-09 models? And a eta on those with beta and so forth spring 2012 or more likely fall/ winter 2012. Thanks for all the hard work have a 2010 willing to help if needed thanks again

Will 2010 up 6.7 follow this release of 07-09 models? And a eta on those with beta and so forth spring 2012 or more likely fall/ winter 2012. Thanks for all the hard work have a 2010 willing to help if needed thanks again
Support for later 6.7L's is dependent on how long it takes to get the earlier 6.7L support done.

For certain it won't be this year, we hope it will be early next year, but until we get this project done we really won't know what our starting point will be. We hope it will be sooner rather than later.

Cheers
Cindy

Testers have had the 07-09 6.7L Scan Tool for a couple of weeks now.

The first flashing beta for these trucks was released just a short while ago and we are awaiting feedback.

We'll be sure to keep you all updates

Cheers
Cindy

There are now videos of 6.7L trucks tuned with EFILive.

At this stage, the videos are all from mobile phone directly uploaded to Facebook. You'll find a couple on our facebook site if you are interested.

I hope to post later today a commentary on today's beta achievements along with some screen shots.

Cheers
Cindy

There are now videos of 6.7L trucks tuned with EFILive.

At this stage, the videos are all from mobile phone directly uploaded to Facebook. You'll find a couple on our facebook site if you are interested.

I hope to post later today a commentary on today's beta achievements along with some screen shots.

Cheers
Cindy

Thanks. Sounds great. I'll locate the vids this weekend...

So are we looking at mabe by xmas?

Thanks. Sounds great. I'll locate the vids this weekend...

So are we looking at mabe by xmas?

We hope so, but that is contingent on so much Dave. Ross leaves for the US in less than 3 weeks so parameter development stops. He can't take his development tools with him and with 2 trade shows, visiting some of our dealers/customers and a short holiday he's gone 7 weeks.

He returns to the office on December 15, so it's going to be tight. Working in our favour is our day 1 of 6.7L beta is equivalent to the first few months of 5.9L beta from the knowledge we gained. Not working in our favour is all the additional emissions controls - we need to sort all of that our before we release. And with beta you just never know - things crop up all the time that take time to resolve.

Cheers
Cindy

We hope so, but that is contingent on so much Dave. Ross leaves for the US in less than 3 weeks so parameter development stops. He can't take his development tools with him and with 2 trade shows, visiting some of our dealers/customers and a short holiday he's gone 7 weeks.

He returns to the office on December 15, so it's going to be tight. Working in our favour is our day 1 of 6.7L beta is equivalent to the first few months of 5.9L beta from the knowledge we gained. Not working in our favour is all the additional emissions controls - we need to sort all of that our before we release. And with beta you just never know - things crop up all the time that take time to resolve.

Cheers
Cindy

Sounds great. Keep up the great work.

That's great. The quicker the 6.7s go the sooner us 05 SCI BUS guys can get in the game. Still looking at somewhere around 3rd quarter of 12?

We don't have time frames - it will take as long as it takes.

The 07-09 6.7L release should be next week. The release has been packaged and is being tested.

Ross won't start adding more tables to this release, and then commence development on 09+ 6.7L until mid December when he returns from the US.

Cheers
Cindy

We don't have time frames - it will take as long as it takes.

The 07-09 6.7L release should be next week. The release has been packaged and is being tested.

Ross won't start adding more tables to this release, and then commence development on 09+ 6.7L until mid December when he returns from the US.

Cheers
Cindy

Thanks cindy.

Can't wait for the dpf delete tables to be sent out for beta.

Keep up the good wrk.

I tuned my 6.7 with the latest software using the ATP autocal instead of the V2. Worked very slick. This is a totally stock 6.7 with full factory exhaust and egr still in place. Truck runs very smooth and has a bunch more power. I'm taking it on a 300mile trip today hunting, so will have highway, dirtroad, snow, 4x4 crawling over stuff and will see how it fairs and if the DPF regens more with this added HP.

Back