6 liters keep eating turbo.. why?

DEZLFREK

my licence plate says it
i have two people that keep going through turbo's.. one is on #6 and the other is on his fourth..
they are both wondering if there is something better than the stockers?

but in the reading ive done it seems like they are doing the hot shut down causing the vnt to stick and blowing up the compressure.. these guys do not drive these trucks often and the dealer says because of this that moisture is causing vng to stick. the dealer just keeps replacing the stock turbo's..
what you guys have for advice?

Check and see if they have the flexible feed line. They can lock them up quick if they've been kinked at all.

Alot of the turbo issues are related to the egr circuit. Delete the egr cooler and most of the problems will go away, as a stop gap you can unplug the egr valve but you may get a CEL light on the dash depending on the year.

Malcolm

Nother thing just see if the EGR valve needs cleaned!

ok check the egr and hopefully delete it will help them live longer, also see if the oil feed is crimped..
i know its impossible to believe the dealer would just keep doing things wrong..

only 1 thing will cure hot shutdown failures. big wrench to the back of the head. stop doing it stupid. if they are driving it so little that the unison ring is seizing that bad, they don't really need a diesel and prob don't even need a truck. they might be better served by renting 1 when they do need it.

only 1 thing will cure hot shutdown failures. big wrench to the back of the head. stop doing it stupid. if they are driving it so little that the unison ring is seizing that bad, they don't really need a diesel and prob don't even need a truck. they might be better served by renting 1 when they do need it.

Never had a single problem with my turbo. I never wait before I shut the truck off. The key is to run the truck hard often.

Back