6 speed dyno questions

smokjunky

Just the new guy
I didn't know where to post this haha.
So like all my other post stupid newbie question.all my parts should be on this week and on the 17th there's a dyno event I can't wait to go to it and see what it lays down.this will be my first time doing anything other than daily driving it haha so i don't want to look like a jackass when I have it in the dyno.
Do I start in second and shift through all the gears and take it easy going through them?

What gear should i hammer it ?

After doing my run do I go to neutral till the truck stops?

Is there anything that I didn't ask that I should know about haha I like to be at least 90% about stuff before doing it lmao

Thanks again Rob

start in 1st or 2nd and shift through the gears to 6th. At around 60 or so, brake load to build a little boost (10 psi or so). let off the brake and floor it once you've reached the boost number you want to start the run at. After the run you can throw it in neutral.

What Tdoorn said every dyno I've ever had a truck on I've been in my 1:1 gear which should be 5th.

The first answer to the question is the best explanation, listen to him. If you pick a gear other than overdrive, it won't build boost worth a crap.

Most of the time the owners of the dyno run your truck. But from what I've seen od Is the only gear that loads it up enough.

In an nv5600 you want 5th. Its the strongest. 4th is 2nd strongest but won't build boost well on dyno. 6th is the weakest gear in the 5600. G56 has a stronger 6th but I would still be weary of dynoing in 6th over 1500 lbs/ft.

Back