60# valve spring help?

Spenceturner

Hey guys I recently installed 60# valve springs and kept the stock retainers and keepers. The next day while driving a load ticking began so I immediately turned into a friends house that was around the corner. After inspection i noticed I shattered a keeper and just about dropped a valve. I got it fixed and have been driving for a few days and taking it really easy and haven't had any further trouble. My question is will I be ok on my stock keepers and retainers or should I invest in the Hamilton set they offer?

I would call Contagious Diesel, they have some keepers and retainers made for 60lb setup. I don't know what you do with the truck to tell you what you need though.

I would call Contagious Diesel, they have some keepers and retainers made for 60lb setup. I don't know what you do with the truck to tell you what you need though.

Thank you I will defiantly give them a call. Goals for the truck is around 400 and I don't plan on turning over 4K rpms its my dailey but id like to have it be a fun street truck aswell

Yeah, your stock retainers will always crack given enough time with the 60's.
I wasn't aware of Lee's retainers and keepers, but the Haisley setup with springs is pretty great.

Back