60ft on street tires. Drive to the track and drive home...

Gasoline Sucks

slow 12v
Lets talk 60ft times on street tires. Drive to the track and drive home... I see some 1.4xx time slips.

Lets hear the weight and time/mph.

nothing terribly impressive but I have cut 1.66s on 265/75 terra grapplers to a 12.0@112 and 1.65s on 420s to a 10.67@133. both trucks are similar in weight, 6600-6700.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

1.58 on 285/16 Michelin LTXs. Somewhere just over 6000lbs.

You don't have enough power for 1.4x 60's at your weight.... LOL

99.8% of the people on this site don't have the power.

95% of them have never been in the parking lot of a drag strip.

100% of them want to know what the fastest street tire 60ft diesel is. Maybe throw a couple hashtag fast and furious or Cummings power to get the pros to post the quickest?

Last edited:
1.6 is great, maybe high 1.5 on a fresh track will be about the best that will be seen.

Yes I have read a bunch of 1.6 7klb trucks on 420s or similar. Most are Very impressive 10 second trucks.

I watched a video of a truck cutting 1.45 on 420 and I cannot find it. I figured if it was done someone on this site would know about it.

I'm trying to get my truck back on the track in a couple of weeks after a 2 year hiatus. I have been pretty happy with the LTXs, but the new build seems to be more than they can handle. So I pulled the old 305/50/20s off my street truck and was going to switch the LTXs out for them. But, I bought a set 20" rims that were suppose to be 26 lbs, they finally arrive and they are 42 lbs each. Dang it !!!

Anyway, guess I'm going to go ahead and keep the LTXs and see what happens. I was hoping for low 1.5s with the 305/50/20s, with the LTXs I'll be happy to keep it in the upper 1.5s. 1.4s is probably well out of my range even with slicks.

Lets talk 60ft times on street tires. Drive to the track and drive home... I see some 1.4xx time slips.

Lets hear the weight and time/mph.

From my experience running 4WD at the track, traction was not an issue until I got to really low 11s. And that was with 20psi/2000rpm launches. With you already running Proxes, they will not be the limiting factor in your 60's.

1.5 is crazy fast.

That's good news I have a loose converter so 2k/20 psi won't be hard to do.

i normally cut a 1.6- 1.7 60ft on 305 420s. thats driving there changing tunes. driving home on the same tune incase someone wants to get frisky on the way home:rockwoot:

I've done 1.67 I think it was with 420s and a truck that only made 700ish for power. That wasn't a fine tuned suspension by any means. I'm a couple weeks away from testing this year and hope to get 1.50s out of it with more power and some testing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.60 best, usually between 1.6x-1.7x on Toyo Proxes STs, but could do pretty close to that on my old Michelin LTXs too. 6450 lbs. 550ish hp, nothing special. time in sig.

What are you guys running suspension wise? Truck is a rclb lowered in the back, traction bars, and the overload springs removed.

Back