62/71/13ss and 475 twin installed

tirefrier

Coal Train conductor
installed the primary under my lil turbo over the christmas break. I used sources piping and ats 3 piece to make it all work. All I can say is wow. Night and day different truck. Only smoke I see is if I lug it bad. H11s are holding peak boost at 75psi which is where the blow offs are set. Question is how much more low boost fueling would make a difference? Got 100hps now, would a bigger injector drive better? Egt never went to 700Deg and that was pulling some long grades. Very happy thanks jason (isbeinside).

75psi with 100hpstix???? and what he^^^^^^^ said.

yes 74-75 peak psi wot in 4th lockup. And the 700 degree was uphill cruise control doing 75mph with 25-30 psi boost. havent seen the temp at wot cause its hard to control the truck accelerating that hard and read the gauge same time. the probe for the egt is on exhaust manifold @#5 piston. boost probe is in the intake horn. I believe it to cause when I blew a boot on the top turbo it put a hole in the insulation of the hood. and yes 100 hp dragonfly sticks. no smoke at wot.

how is the power on this kit i am looking at doing the same set up

the power is unlike any other upgrade that I ve done. Pulls harder than the sb66 I was running at ANY given time. Have not pulled a trailer yet or dynoed but I believe it would pull a trailer with authority. Best part is that the 475 1.32 ar was an inexpensive piece and readily availible.:woohoo:

That is a lot of boost for that combination. I have more fuel and larger huffers and thats about the same boost I make.

That is a lot of boost for that combination. I have more fuel and larger huffers and thats about the same boost I make.

I made 10 psi more after I had my friend change the programming. so I was at 65 before using the old settings and now 75 ish with the new. do you have an oringed head? So far I just have studs.

I have an O-ringed head with 625's. Stock gasket with standard studs aint gonna last long at 75psi boost

You ought to swing by my house one of these days and we'll go test out your new found power!

You ought to bring your truck out to the Midnight Mayhem drags at the track, it would be interesting to see how quick it runs.

it was a fun long install, the truck also has a fletcher cam, add some timing to the truck via smarty tnt, added 10lbs to overall boost, need to get the truck on the dyno to tune it out to the fullest.

add some timing to the truck via smarty tnt, added 10lbs to overall boost, need to get the truck on the dyno to tune it out to the fullest.

not pickin at ya or anything, but I always thought Adding timing Lower's the boost....Taking timing away Raises the boost....

Always been the case for me...

Yup, More timing = less boost.

Yeah, maybe they were confused by the Smarty revo TNT timing options...Thought it was more when in fact it was less timing....

and as Chris said above...most cams lower boost numbers...

Either way....Glad it Runs Awesome for ya!!

Back