62 injector size

OrangeNV

BISH please
i know its small potatoes for most stuff on this site

but what is the most common size injector being ran with 62mm chargers?

5x.012, 14?

can i cut enough fuel back with a plate to keep my 5x.016's?

i would think 14's would be more than enough with a desent pump.. 5x16 where always to smokey and to much heat for me..

I have a 62 and am being told by multiple injector builders that 5x12's are perfect for that turbo. I could see going to 5x14 and backing the fuel down, but I'm stubborn and am going to take the ruff road. I'm thinging 5x12 unless I can get a deal on 5x14's.

Like said above, 5x.012 will be great for that turbo. Im running 5x.012s with a 66mm and they are doing great. ZERO smoke under WOT. I see the new people to the sport underestimating these injectors, with the right tuning they can make a good deal of power. Not everyone needs huge injectors.

I ran 370's on a 62 for a little while before i went with 5x.014s and it ran pretty good. Biggest I would go is 5x.014's, that will be plenty of fuel.

I see the new people to the sport underestimating these injectors, with the right tuning they can make a good deal of power. Not everyone needs huge injectors.

With the right supporting mods, 5x.012's and 5x.014's can make a good chunk of power, IMO enough for anyone that is planning on having a solid DD.

From what I've seen 5x.012's are a perfect match for a 62. But I've seen guys run 5x.014's on a stock HX35 and just pull the fuel back (or in most cases not :doh:), so I would imagine you could do the same with your 5x.016's and a 62. It probably wouldn't be the cleanest setup, but it would work. It just depends on what you are wanting out of your truck.

DDP, but a lil custom work on the side by Weston to get the pattern in the bowl a tad more.

i have a set of 5x12s made by red oak diesel that i reset the pop off pressure on and they are perfect with my 62/71/.80AR

I ran Weston's 5x12s with my ED super 62/68, loved them. Actually it towed awesome too (like 25k gross up a 5% grade awesome).

I went with a 62/65/13 because after talking with many turbo builders I was told it would be best for my application. I want quick spool and to be able to tow 10-15K on a regular basis, but still be in that 450+ range. They all would go back and forth about the ex housing. I heard both 12 and 14, so I went with the 13ss because in theory it should spool like a 12 and flow like a 14.

From what I hear, the heat retention of the stainless steel also helps spool time.

I am running 5x12's with a set 042 DV's and had to put a plate in to pull back the fuel. It's all the fuel my 62 can take and then some!

Back