63/68 exhaust housing options with compounds

meatball

in the next couple months i would like to have compounds on my truck.
my current charger is a 63/68/.91 t4 and i would like to run a 480 under it . im looking to get into a gated housing for that 63. so far ive found the .83 with a t4 foot and real small volutes and this type in the picture, .83 as well.

it was brought to my attention that even though its twin scroll, it gates only one volute. in a compound set up that seems counter productive to the end goal- correct me if im wrong.

if anyone is running that type of housing or could point me in the right direction i would appriciate the feedback .
my end goal is 800hp or close to it, give or take .
turbo 1.jpg

turbo 2.jpg

turbo 3.jpgi could spend the coin and keep my .91 on there and externally gate it, if thats my best option. my time is very limited ,im at work too much to build a set my self so the piping will be bought. my thoughts are a gated housing would keep the set cheaper and easier to have made.
i might also need to upgrade from my ddp4's
thanks in advance
cory

Correct the T4 .83 gated housing is only on one volute. You could use a run of the mill T3 .80 dual gate but it'll cost you around $400 when all is said and done. Paying someone to custom fab an external setup would probably get even more spendy

The .83 Gated housing in the pictures has full size T4 volutes. There is also another .83 T4 housing that is non-gated and still has full size T4 volutes.

There is a T4 .83 housing that has T3 size volutes as well, but it came off a s200.

Also like Straight 6 stated you can switch to a T3 housing that gates both volutes, but I was quoted anywhere from $500-650 depending on housings.

Last edited:
thanks , the housings are pretty expensive . almost the same price as an external gate and gate plate . i need to do some searching and see how the .91 housing is working out in compound set ups. im leaning twoards spending the extra and running an external gate. anyone running the .91 as a secondary ?

Didn't someone message you that thread the other day meatball? LOL

I ran a 63/68/.91 over 80/96/1.32 on a 12v with a 44mm external gate, the setup had tons of top end but I would have liked to try a 63/68/.83 over 80/92/1.1 for drivability

Haha That makes finding it a lot easier !

Things might be on hold depending the outcome of the next few days .
I have a window that leaks in my house . It seems to be a roof leak , running down to the window . So I got in the attic for the first time , we've owned the house for about 7 months. I found about a ton of pigeon poop and three dead birds .
It could get really expensive now . The inspector didnt catch it , he probably didnt even look . Hopefully he can be held accountable . I'm pretty pissed .
vyqybaru.jpg

That's above my living room .

Back