63 chevy rat rod cummins

ljustice

The CAT man
im getting ready to start my next project vehicle which is a 63 chevy pickup
im wanting to do a rat rod type of truck but i want it to have a cummins
i am wondering what i need to start on first to get the project under way
the frame is out of a monte carlo and has been lowered some
:thankyou2:

What year Monte first thing I would do is box and brace the frame and start checking out what to do for cross members.

im not for sure what year the old man i bought the truck from was going to restore the truck but he got sick and i happen to see it and asked if he wanted to sell it and i bought it for $800

Somrthing like this??

P7209053.jpg

When you said "Rat Rod" this is the first thing that popped into my head. That thing rips too!!

thanks, as for the excursion..its slow going ..as its a no go fitting it in my gararge to work on etc.. ha.. gonna have twins on it shortyly debating on which ones from my Pile ha..oh and a 4" remote mount exhaut brake..etc..then teach th ewife to drive it without the clutch..or swap clutches and or trans..so spring will be a good time...I plan to bring up to dez's
thanks
Deo

any more pictures of that rat rod Warpig?
That's our homie- Metal Man- Doug Brarens. Its a 34 Chivy LOL with a 6.5 chevy NA diesel that we got him to turbo. He runs an HX 35 on it and Doug is pretty consistent with it. Grand Rock sponsored too.:rockwoot:

Attachments

• P5248133.jpg
    P5248133.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 19
You are putting a monte carlo frame under the truck body? I'd just leave the 63 chevy chassis under the truck. The front suspension shouldn't have any problem with the weight of the cummins. Mounting the engine shouldn't be too bad - those trucks came with straight sixes. $.02

Btw I've got a 66 GMC...

You are putting a monte carlo frame under the truck body? I'd just leave the 63 chevy chassis under the truck. The front suspension shouldn't have any problem with the weight of the cummins. Mounting the engine shouldn't be too bad - those trucks came with straight sixes. $.02

Btw I've got a 66 GMC...

i dont have the orignal chassis i wish i did be alot easier
i will try to get some pic of what i have theres not much to look at right now

Back