64/480 or 66/488

greyrig05

Hey guys. Got a new project and looking for a little help on deciding my twin setup. I've got a 01' half ton short bed single cab. 2wd. I'm in the process of locating my parts for a mini tub and a 4 link setup. N e ways. Pumps goin to scheid soon for a build. I'll probably start with 5x.018 injectors. Trans will be in check.

Truck will see a 7 mile drive to the shop one or two days a week. It'll be on the track as much as time allows. I'm thinkin the 66/488 combo just bc next winter I'm gonna do a complete motor build.

Once I pic the main sizing out I'll start narrowing down the options on each turbo. All options are appreciated. Thanks James.

Sorry guys...... Forgot to add. It will be externally gated along with at least 3 .125 nx go cans mounted on the firewall. *nx*

At that point I think you would be better off with an S468 secondary, and an S595 or a GT55 primary.

What kind of fuel would I need to got those lit? 12v is a whole new world to me. Also wonder what rpm range I need to keep them lit.

1600-1800 rpm should lite them off.

I'm sure a decent 12mm pump would make it work, obviously a 13mm would do that much better.

That's what I'm thinking. I need to figure out the turbos I want now. Maybe a a 366/.71/88 with a t4. The 488. Not sure on it just yet. I was wanting to check out the 1.25 housing. Any suggestions on the 488?

Steed speed, 45mm gate, 63/68, 483, 488, or gt55. Could change considerably on money, elevation, stall, actual n2o usage, weight, et goals, and class.

Steed speed, 45mm gate, 63/68, 483, 488, or gt55. Could change considerably on money, elevation, stall, actual n2o usage, weight, et goals, and class.

Elevation 204'

Stall I'll stall it around the twins

No2. Have 2 .125 solenoids. But probalby only gonna use it after the 60' mark. 200~hp worth.

Weight. Probaly around 5000~

Low 10s. Possibly 9s with a built motor, good hooking setup, and a little more no2.

Thanks guys. I'm really looking forward to the build.

Last edited:
I like his thinking. We can buy alot of s400 turbos for price of twins. Lol

Very true. Big external gate needed and I sold his a while back. Lol

Jgs is cheap. Also needed whether using compounds or a single.

Back