64/74/14 with 120's

Pickles

Reads too much
Hay ya'll, finally got a cummins and now like most I just want a badass daily driver, street truck I can drag and pull with on the weekends. I called up E.D. and told them by plans and HP goal around 650. Since I have auto they recommended their 64/74/14 which is pretty much a Silver 64 from II with 120hp tips. Is anyone running this? How is it on the street? Dragging or Pulling? I was planning on getting the Arson III kit along with AD150 for the fueling, do a little head work and a Garmon trans. Am I in the right path?

first of all it is not the same turbo as the silver 64, you cant compare off the shelf turbos (II) to custom turbos from E.D. Two completely different animals IMO. I think if you are even considering an II silver 64 I would get the ED one the ED one will be considerably better... good luck

I am going ED I didn't mean to compare them as how good they are but by size since they are both 64/74 but how is that setup with 120's

I gotcha... Should be a pretty good match, might get a little hot with your tuner turned all the way up but other than that should be fine... should spool pretty quickly as well.... when are your turbo and injectors going in?

I run an ED 66/73/14 and 90s with a modded pump, and I still drop rail psi like crazy, and I can get to 1450*. My smoke does not clear up at WOT either, so 120s will be too much for a Arson kit, you will need a stage 2 pump at least. I would go with 90s and the Arson kit, you should be over 600hp. Some have done almost 650 with the same combo.

I kno ill make over 600 being a buddy has a sps64 with 90's and did 614hp on the dyno, ED said with the 74 compressor and 120's it'll spool just like having a 71 with 90's, I did not mention having an arson III kit tho, I'm getting a tranny b4 anything though, thank you for the advice tho, if I still hear bad bout that combo I may go with the 64/71 with 90's

I forgot to mention, according to ED people who use the 64/74 call it the "better bullet" they also recommended I do not get a 66 for what I'm doing, I was going to take their advice being they have experience and run a successful business.

Back