6466 Swap - Need Flywheel Help

1972RedNeck

So I picked up an Ex-fire truck - 1965 GMC 5000 6X6 powered by a 351 V6. When I got it, it had a plate on it so I tried to haul some hay with it.

attachment.php

Since second gear low range won't get much hay hauled in a timely manner, I took the pate off and put a flatbed on it.

attachment.php

Tried to use it to haul water to the sprayer, but a 1600 gal tank of water will bring it to it's knees as well (high gear in low range). At first, I wanted to put a 6BT in it, but since the engine compartment is a fair bit bigger than a pickup, I figure why not go bigger. A DT466 would fit about perfect, but then I would be in danger of my green underwear getting in a wad. A little searching and I picked up a Deere 6466 out of an 8820 combine for cheap. 220 HP (eventually will end up around 300 HP) and only 4,500 hours, it should make a top notch engine for the old 6X6.

I found an SAE 1 flywheel housing off of a pumping unit engine which will mate to my RTO 12513 (will get made into an RTOX 12513 with triple overdrive) but I haven't been able to come up with a flywheel. The pumping unit and combine flywheel don't have a clutch disc surface - they just have the ring gear and the driveshaft bolts on with the crank bolts.

I have a 4440 tractor flywheel that is made for a clutch, but the bolt pattern is not a standard SAE pattern.

Does anyone know of an SAE flywheel that will fit these John Deere engines?

Not really a Deere guy, but very knowledgeable on tractors, try checking with Chris, signature600, or something like that on here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back