66/74/14 on Stock 12v Injectors?

ARbowhunter7

Opulence...I Has It.
Ok, I've got to sort out some injector chit (and new ones are still being made), so stock ones have to go back in. This is my DD and I cover a lot of miles. Problem is, I don't have another charger that fits my down pipe. Will it even be drivable? I can tolerate the lag, but will it ever even spool?

Truck is a 1998 12v. 215 pump (still have 181 dv's if I need them) 5spd, 4.10's, and 35's. Can I get by for a couple weeks?

FYI, I talked to a guy with the exact same setup that said he drove for 6 months with only a 66/74/14 and free pump mods. Said you could drive around the lag, and he could still make over 30 psi at WOT. Not sure I believe him, though.

Last edited:
With a stick I bet you'd be fine if you just keep the rpm up on it.

Tuning is key. I drove my truck with the same set up before adding Contagious 5x14's. I could get 5-10 lbs by 1700 rpm and fully sung by 2000. You'll just have to play with the AFC til its just right

I have stock injectors for the time being while I wait for some huge injectors. I did loose spool but I can still make 55psi with stock injectors. I do have aggressive delivery valves, you'll be fine IMO.

Back