66/74/14 Smarty S06 Help

MTSlacker

(foreward: I know this is my first post and yes I tried to use the search engine and couldn't find quite what I was looking for, also I know there are going to be a lot of "Oh you should have used this", or "I'd have got that" but what is on the truck is on the truck. Thank you)

I need some help getting the most out of my new turbo with my Smarty S06 programmer. My EGTs get to 1400-1600 pretty quick and I'd like to get them a little more manageable if possible and a little quicker spool up. Thanks for any suggestions.

I've got a 2004.5 5.9 with the following mods

Firepunk Trans
FASS HD 150 lift pump
Snow Performance Water Methanol
S&B Cold Air Intake
5" Exhaust
Edge Juice CTS for gauges
S&B Intake Elbow
AFE Bladerunner Exhaust Manifold
66/74/14 billet wheel ED Turbo
Stock Injectors
Stock CP3

My EGTs get to 1600 pretty quick and I'd like to get them a little more manageable if possible and a little quicker spool up. Just looking for some help on where to start with the Smarty to see if I can make it run decent.

Last edited:
Welcome to Comp D.

If you are getting that hot with stock injectors, I would look for a boost leak; something ain't right.

What settings are you running on the Smarty?

Thank you for the welcome.

Found a small leak from the snow system line and will fix it asap.

Smarty settings
TNT-R
SW 7
Torque Management: 3
Shift Defuel: Off
Injection Timing: 3
Rail Pressure: 3
Wastegate: Off

Make TQ stock
Timing 4
Rail mild (not sure number)

Sounds like it needs to spool faster or a boost leak like previously mentioned.

I'll give it a try first thing in the morning and let you know the results. Thanks for the advice.

If your funds allow look into Smarty UDC tuning as well.

Plenty of info on this site.

It's definitely something I'm going to have to take a hard look at. I bought the S06 because the dyno tuning options are pretty limited around here and now I can see that might have been a mistake.

Smarty is fine for a few mild mods, once you start looking to actually "tune" your truck you'll find it's limits quick. Efi Live is not an option for you so I'd look into UDC. $.02

The plan is to have enough turbo to be able to grow. I don't plan on stopping with the turbo and everything else stock but like most I'm doing what I can when I can. I was thinking something like 125hp injectors, dual cp3 pumps, head studs, valve springs and see where it gets me. I'm trying to build a fairly decent work/play truck that should be moderately reliable.

yep, no matter your mods... that turbo should keep your truck way cooler than that on stock sticks. i bet its a turd down low getting it to light as well.

put an air compressor on it and check for leaks then we can go from there.

I haven't looked for leaks as thoroughly as I'd like got the Snow kit leak fixed but was called to work so it's a week or so out of town before I'll get much done now.

Back