66 questions

Its only smoky if you cant drive it right. Stretch the afc spring or put a gsk spring in its place to help, also back the pre boost out until its barely touches.

What do you have for tires and gears? And will it stay that way? Something to consider before making your purchase.

The box bw 66 on my truck is miserable to drive every day. It really only comes alive at highway speeds and although I'm not an experienced AFC tuner, I have not been able to get it to light in good time (for a 66) with out being smokey on the low end. It might be a different story with proper gearing and a cam (lost steam on that endeavor).

same here. and we live kind of close to them.
its nice living within an hour of haisley 2 and a half of scheid and 2 from south bend. makes getting parts really easy

I daily drove my 66/80 without a problem. Towing would get warm but the spool really wasnt bad. Ihave a 76.6 on there now and its tough to drive haha. 1300 degress going up hills 1100 cruising, but i dont have a cam just a ported manifold. I only drive it to the shop and to pulls though. Towing would be impossible unless its a log splitter or something tiny like that.

is that the TV7512? when does it light and how does it do on the top end?

Garrett

Back