7.3 high hp build

6.0 Joe

Looking for the go to guys to help with a 7.3 build for sled pulling only no street driving. And possible p pump conversion heard of a few guys doing it and wondering what kind of power and who to talk to..

I'm running a cummins now and would like to run the ford with a 7.3 because no one around here runs one.

You need to become good friends with Ben Miller, heck just buy his rig. He priced Double Overtime to me just last weekend for 100K. That's your easiest route at this time.

Give some companies a year or two, when they come out with a way to put the duramax commonrail system on a 7.3 out to the public, 7.3's will be back in the game, competing with the new commonrail trucks. Its not so much the motor holding us back, it's the fueling system on top of it that just sucks.

There is a guy in IL (trying to remember his name) that pulls a P-pump 7.3 in the 3.0 class. He sells a kit to do the coversion. Was pricey last I heard, but doable. Course you can talk to BDP or Full Force as they seem to have plenty of fuel with their sticks.

But listen to the advice of others. Not saying it cannot be done, it has been, but it is a long road to travel.

If you are real serious, shoot me a PM. I am borderline ready to toss in the towel on mine for street driving and go a different route. Would be perfect foundation for pulling only setup. Lots of spare parts that I could package up as well (1 extra complete motor, 1 extra block and crank).

$100k for Double Overtime, that right up your alley 6.0 Joe!!

I think the P-pumped 7.3 your talking about is Stroked out, I think the guys name is Bill Zimmer according the the 3.0 Schied results.

$100k for Double Overtime, that right up your alley 6.0 Joe!!

I think the P-pumped 7.3 your talking about is Stroked out, I think the guys name is Bill Zimmer according the the 3.0 Schied results.

yep, he has a lot of time and money into that truck. it runs real well!

You could always call Dan Scheid. He pretty much built the injection system for Double Overtime.

Back