7.3 high idle

99xlstroker

All Go and No show
Is there a wire I can tap into to create a "high idle" so i can gain max alt. output for in the case of jump starting. Thanks

All the tuners that burn custom chips have this option. Any rpm you want.

Thats pretty much how it works.. With the added benefit of 5 other programs.

Well I already have a download programmer so thats why im looking for more of an on off switch

Well you would be even happier with a custom tune then. Cause it would have the high idle at the flip of a switch. And the tunes would make the truck run circles around a downloader. And would get better mileage.

Well you would be even happier with a custom tune then. Cause it would have the high idle at the flip of a switch. And the tunes would make the truck run circles around a downloader. And would get better mileage.

Nailed it. Any type of plastic box that you have to punch yes no yes no, is no good for these trucks. The ONLY way to go is with a custom chip... You may think your truck is doing something now, but wait till you get one.

As far as the high idle... I guess your just sh!t outa luck till you get a chip.

And if you only want the high idle to jump start vehicles then why don't you just go rev it up until you get the car started??? How many cars are you jumpstarting a day to where you need a switch?

Ford does make a auxilary idle box for these trucks. For running a pto. But still better to just get a damn custom chip.

The programmer is custom tuned to my vehicle, I dont plug and play! Thank you.... I had a switch chip but my pcm didnt like it...

My truck is also my service truck for the oil fields in pa. I use it to jump start semi trucks when driver leave lights and crap on over night and kill the battery.

Ford does make a auxilary idle box for these trucks. For running a pto. But still better to just get a damn custom chip.

If you decide you want one of these let me know,I can get you set up with one for a decent price.

Back