7.3 seems to cut out

strokin09

diesel nut
hey guys i have a 7.3 and at speeds above 55 or so it seems to cut out when the cruise is off but if its on its fine also if it hasnt been startedin a couple days at first when u go to give it gas it wont do anything like its not even there didnt know if its related or not any ideas
Edit/Delete Message

do you get a check engine light?
you might have a bad throttle position sensor

its throwing a
p1211 is a icp code
p1249 is a waistgate code
p0221throttle code
p0470exhaust back pressure sensor
p1280 icp sensor

dont worry about the ebp or waste gate codes for now
I would say that it is eaither an icp or throttle issue. will your reader clear codes? if so clear them out and see what comes back

The oil in the plugs could be messing the sensors up. Been there, done that on other machines.

do u thank that it is a dealer only part and is it bad that oil is getting in there

Dealer part only and the oil doesnt help it..it means its leaking,and it wont fix itself.So you need to get a new one.

the international version is what a vt445 or 444 or will they know what im talking about lol but i know it isnt going to fix its self but it is not a noticeable leak till u disconnect the sensor it is hidden till u start diggin
p.s. thanx pontiacross and jjeepyjohn for all the help

any leak at all means that something is not right with the sensor, and considdering that sensor see's 3000psi pretty often it could become a big leak very fast......

they should know what you are talking about but its a t444e just incase

Back