70 Suburban With 05 Cr Chassis

TOYDOC

MKNSMK
WELL I FIGURE I WOULD START HERE, THIS IS MY FIRST POST!
I JUST SUCESSFULLY MORPHED A 05 COMMON RAIL CHASSIS UNDER A 1970 SUBURBAN, IT WORKED SO WELL IT IS ALMOST LIKE IT WAS BUILT THAT WAY. HERE IS SOME OF THE SPEC;S, I USED ALL THE 3RD GEN DRIVE TRAIN WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE MOTOR AS IT HAD A ROD HANGING OUT THE SIDE! I USED A 96 12-VALVE 215-HP, 6-SPEED. 93 FIRST GEN RADIATOR, 3 GEN BD-INTERCOOLER, FITS PERFECT BEHIND THE STOCK GRILL WITH THE A/C CONDENSOR. SHORTENED FRAME 33", SET MOTOR BACK 5" 1ST GEN MOTOR MOUNTS, FABED FRAME MOUNTS. 2ND GEN BODY MOUNTS. IT DRIVES SUPER NICE! REAL TIGHT TURN RADIUS! WELL I'LL SAVE SOME GAB FOR LATER. I POSTED SOME BUID PICS, HOPE THEY UPLOADED?

EVERY DAY RIDE: 03 CR 6SP 4X4 CREW CAB LONG BED TST 4"MBRP 35" 2.5" LEVELING 231-K GOING STRONG.
NEXT PROJECT: 72 CHEV. "CREW CAB" GOING ON A 2001 RAM DUELLY COMMERCIAL STRAIT AXLE CHASSIS W/12 VALVE, 5-SPEED 4X4

Attachments

• Bob 001.jpg
    Bob 001.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Bob 005.jpg
    Bob 005.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Bob 008.jpg
    Bob 008.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 0
Allmost Forgot To Mention: A Special Thanks To My Friends At J&h Diesel Performance In Redding Ca. For There Help And Some Bits & Pieces...

Sick man! I love that style of burban, great year and yeah, some more finished pics!!

That is a great project. I like this, it would make a great tow rig with plenty of room for the family. Need more pic's of it.

70 BURB W/12 Valve Six Speed

Ok here's a few more pic's, More to come!! By the way i am in the process of fabbing road armour style bumpers.

Attachments

• DSC00090.JPG
    DSC00090.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00091.JPG
    DSC00091.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 0
Nice,
Is this original 2 door tuck or self made?

Looks awesome! I can't wait to see the next build, I love that body style cheby. I miss mine...

70 Burb.

Here's a shot of the engine bay exc. exc. Note no firewall mods! also used the 05 Hydro Boost brake Master & Clutch Hyd. Stops on a dime! Starting on fabbing the A/C lines and sanitizing the engine bay.. Utilizing a 89 Burb rear A/C unit and hard lines that was donated to me, should be a big upgrade to the original rear A/C unit the 69-72 Burb's used. Note: used the 3rd. gen exh. manifold for turbo clearence to A/C Evaperator assy. worked well! I will be looking for a FL70 Manifold soon, If you have one for sale or if you know of one please let me know, Thx. The A/C braket is FL70 worked great! The rear drive shaft was my first ever shortened by me, once again in worked great! I machined the end of the Burb steering colunm to accept the 3rd. Gen steering shaft worked nice! By the way did i tell you that total investment so far is $3950..... Looking to have a total cost when completed to be around $5-K and of course i am not counting my labor.

Attachments

• DSC00095.JPG
    DSC00095.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Bob 010.jpg
    Bob 010.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Bob 018.jpg
    Bob 018.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 0
  • Bob 012.jpg
    Bob 012.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 0
  • Bob 016.jpg
    Bob 016.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 0
05 doner truck was a crew cab long bed 3500 srw, shortened frame 33", moved motor back 5", motor is 1" from fire wall, plenty of room! Fan to Radiator 1.5" clearance with stock shroud (1st. Gen) Runs & Drives like a 3rd. Gen! Can't wait to sled pull it at the July NHRDA meet here in Redding! Eliminated front section of rear drive shaft & shortened remaining shaft 5". front drive line lengthened 5" Thx Redding CV & Drive Line! on the frt.

Back