700+ horse on stock CP3??

dzchey21

Single turbo 6.4
I got a guy i work with that claims that he can put a bump stick, twin turbos, studs and smarty and make 700-850 horse with just a $70 cp3 mod. Sounds impossible to me but i dont know anything about common rails. Its an 07 5.9.

I got a guy i work with that claims that he can put a bump stick, twin turbos, studs and smarty and make 700-850 horse with just a $70 cp3 mod. Sounds impossible to me but i dont know anything about common rails. Its an 07 5.9.

bump stick?

I would like to know what is in that 70 mod for the cp3.. I managed 630 hp with the stock cp3 and that was it, period, there was nothing left in it, and that was with only50hp sticks

94 12 valve- The rap song was magic stick, and so far the only company to make a cam called magic stick is Texas Speed and Performance for the LS-based chevy engines

I would like to know what is in that 70 mod for the cp3.. I managed 630 hp with the stock cp3 and that was it, period, there was nothing left in it, and that was with only50hp sticks

yep. . .stock CP3 thats it. $70???

Tell him

"Don't Tell me!!!! SHOW Me!!!!

as the old saying going...."Shut up and Do something!!"

He's an ........ iMO

Like a few have said,... 700 is a possibility. I would think the $70 mod to the cp3 had to be on the FCA valve. The bump stick mod is where he shows his cards,... very little hp for $ spent in the cam. Tons more hp to be found for the same energy, labor and $. He said NOTHING about springs. You need springs to make the Smarty happen!

The big numbers he eludes to are impossible with what he is talking about for mods, IMO.

The biggest hp on stock sticks, and cp3 that I know of was by Luken maybe 3 years back of 659hp and 1400+ tq. He was running the Scary Larry in his 05 auto. I believe he was running a Fat Shaft 66 turbo at the time. I'm sure there was a lift pump,..don't recall which one he used.

I believe he had a mechanical fuel boss

I agree he is the highest I've seen on stock cp3 and stock sticks

I think he is going to be running 100horse shower heads but im not sure and i didnt hear anything about springs but that also might be included in the cam that he is buying but im not sure. So i looks like maybe 700 but no where near the 850 he was looking at. I think the cp3 mod is just a shim or some crap not sure sounded like it just increased the pressure a little bit but that does nothing to increase flow if the pump cant keep up anyway.

Not trying to hi-jack

Like a few have said,... 700 is a possibility. I would think the $70 mod to the cp3 had to be on the FCA valve. The bump stick mod is where he shows his cards,... very little hp for $ spent in the cam. Tons more hp to be found for the same energy, labor and $. He said NOTHING about springs. You need springs to make the Smarty happen!

The big numbers he eludes to are impossible with what he is talking about for mods, IMO.

The biggest hp on stock sticks, and cp3 that I know of was by Luken maybe 3 years back of 659hp and 1400+ tq. He was running the Scary Larry in his 05 auto. I believe he was running a Fat Shaft 66 turbo at the time. I'm sure there was a lift pump,..don't recall which one he used.

Not trying to hi-jack this thread. But what are you talking about when you say "tons more hp for same $ and energy". I only ask as I was going to install CAM as next mod.

A few thoughts for you

Think fuel volume,... not pressure. If you're going big then you have to go Mitusa lift pump (gusher). Personally I prefer dual cp3s over single modded,... just my opinion after having gone both ways. I've been all over the map on injectors. A moderate injector will get the job done. Why? All the high hp downloaders and boxes have a LOT of duration which is why I don't feel a cam is the best $$$ spent. You can only burn so much fuel in a given time frame and lift isn't an issue as you'd have to do so much junk to run more lift that it would be cost prohibitive. Keep in mind you only have 2 cam bearings. Yes, you can have the block modded for more cam bearings,.. but the cost!!!!$$$$ There are people making huge power without all that.

Sure there will be a lot of opposing thoughts,.. these are mine.

I agree with you completly and i dont know why people mess with modded singles to be honest because your probably going to run duals eventually anyway... might as well get it overwith. I dont know much about cams for diesels. Gassers, its everything cam selection is the start of everything your build around it... diesels are the complete opposite in my opionion and some sick power can be built on the stock cam...Ok so here is another question, anyone got anyideas how much power is being made on a stock cam?

:poke:I will be impressed when the work is done and it still has third gear...

Back