70's big block Dodge 4x4 truck

bgilbert

VE Guy
Looking for a 400 or 440 big block Dodge Power Wagon 4x4 truck 74-79. Not looking for something in excellent condition/restored etc ie expensive. Prefer a beater rust bucket to toy around the idea of a gasser pulling truck. 4 speed would be sweet but not a must. No short wheel base trucks, (regular cab short bed). Can trailer it, so 500 mile radius of Terre Haute, Indiana 47807 would be nice as well. Let me know if you have anything. Cash or a 91 2wd Dodge Cummins truck available for trade.

If your willing to drive to Florida... I have several 70's 1/2 ton & 3/4 ton Powerwagons BB & SB extended cab, short & long beds. They have just been killing grass since I started racing. Prob enough stuff here to build at least 3 decent trucks.
Lots of spares too...Floating transfers, granny 4 speeds, PTO winches, etc. I even have a complete 1-ton 4x4 4-spd with a dump body.
All can be had for cheap, or trade.

I wouldn't mind a vacation:Cheer:. If you want to PM details let me know what you've got, sounding good:rockwoot:.

Gasser pulling? WTF Bill? Dont try and fool us, you have another VE engine that needs a home. LOL

I have a 78 4x4 dually that started life as a 440/auto. It now has a P-pump Cummins/NV-4500. If you are interested in it, I can give you more details. I will pull the engine tranny and supply a 440/auto if you are wanting the big block instead.

in 1980 i bought a big blk mopar 1/2 ton 4x4

it was a '78 model

black n red w two yellow stripes down the side

came with black leather int, a red 3" roll bar, and a late '70s smog motor (440)

put a '67 closed chamber trw motor in it (flat tappet), billet part time kit for the 203, full built full manual 727 with a 3k stall, lots of nitrous (most didnt even know what it was for in 1980)

made a killin street racin that thing around tulsa while i was goin to school

brought it back to so cal after grad and while ditchin the cops ended up driving it off a 300' cliff

that was less than 1 week after returning to souther calif

shoulda never came home

♥ loved that truck ♥

good luck with your project

don

ps - cant imagine removing a good p-pump motor to install a gasser

Back