716 HP 5500 RPM 1997 2500 Daily Driver

commonraildodge

My brother has decided to sell his truck to fund a new project.

It is a 1997 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 12 valve cummins turbo diesel.
107,XXX Miles
Red and silver two tone
Extended Cab Long Bed
4X4
4.10 gears
5 Speed with Dual Disk Clutch
Grey Cloth interior
Dual pillar gauge (turbo and EGT)
Single steering collum Gauge (Fuel Pressure)

Engine Mods:

68mm S400
13mm P-Pump (set around 400cc of fuel but capable of 1000+cc)
Fire Ringed and Studded Head
Marine Gasket
Fly-cut heat treated pistons
Fully Balanced heat treated Rotating assembly
Fluid Damper
Aeromotive Fuel System
Custom Ground Camshaft
Big Injectors
Laser cut delivery valves

This is all I can think of off the top of my head, I will update the list as I get more information.

This truck is his daily driver, it starts right up... unless it is a little cold then it might take two cycles of the grid heater. The compression is 13.5 to 1 (not exact, I'll find out). This truck is a beast on the street, it will turn 5500 rpm's... and let me tell you it SCREAMS! This motor was fully built top to bottom, it would cost around $10,000 to do the same engine mods. When my brother bought it 4 years ago it had 76,000 miles on it, it was completely stock, not even a straight pipe. My brother has done every single modification to this truck and he can tell you everything you want to know about it. It looks completely stock on the outside except for a 5" miter cut stack.

He want's to get $18,500 for it but he is flexible on the price, make an offer and I'll let him know, he really wants to start a new project. This might seem a little high but this would be a great truck for someone who wanted a truck with a motor and pump capable of well over 1000hp. With an intercooler and some headwork this truck would easily be over 800hp with the turbo it has now. The truck has never been drag raced and never pulled a sled, he soley used it as his daily driver.

If interested send me a PM and I will let you talk to him... he really knows his stuff. His pulling truck is making a little over 100hp (soon to be 200hp) more than scheids truck in the same class. He will be able to tell you whatever you want to know about the truck.

Any comments will be appreciated.

I'll get pictures up as soon as possible.

PM me with any questions or you can email me at toobryant@hotmail.com

If you are REALLY interested I can give you my brothers number and he will tell you everything you want to know and more... he loves diesels, it is his passion in life :hehe:

Come on guys... make an offer, if it doesn't sell he is going to put the motor in another truck and pull it in the 2.6 class... and for whoever pulls in that class that is bad news for you. This truck would dominate that class.

Ugh..ill bite first. We're not a bunch of idiots here. How about some specifics. Whats the exact turbo size? What size injectors? Who's clutch? Who's 13mm pump? Who's camshaft? What did he do to the bottom end to safely turn 5500 rpm?

We're flying blind here.

Ugh..ill bite first. We're not a bunch of idiots here. How about some specifics. Whats the exact turbo size? What size injectors? Who's clutch? Who's 13mm pump? Who's camshaft? What did he do to the bottom end to safely turn 5500 rpm?

We're flying blind here.

I'm sorry if I offended you or anybody else in any way. I will get the specifics for you as soon as I can.

Are you interested in the truck or are you just offering constructive criticism to help the sale? Thanks for either one.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if I offended you or anybody else in any way. I will get the specifics for you as soon as I can.

Are you interested in the truck or are you just offering constructive criticism to help the sale? Thanks for either one.

Just constructive criticism. I Didnt mean to come off as a dickhead either. My apologies.

what ever happened to this truck?

and the "exact specs' ?

and how can you have a 13mm pump and never ask a pump question?

lol

what ever happened to this truck?

and the "exact specs' ?

and how can you have a 13mm pump and never ask a pump question?

lol

Wow you really just try and stir stuff up. Maybe if you searched his brothers name you would now that he has been around for awhile.

naw, my good hearted trusting ass just got burnt for $400 by a guy with 10 posts

is the truck still for sale?

naw, my good hearted trusting ass just got burnt for $400 by a guy with 10 posts

Don - you have to admit you do like to stir the pot a little.:poke:

I understand being diligent about figuring out who the seller is, especially when we're talking $18K + for a '97 truck.

Daniel - what's the guy's name?

Truck still for sale?? If so does it have drive shaft loops, trac bars anything of that nature on it??

Back