716 HP with our Mega Cab at Dyno Day Today

Blacksdieselhp

Comp Diesel Sponsor
We had a dyno day today in Woodstock, Ga and our 06 Megacab went 716HP and the tq ran off the screen, so we really did get a good # on it. We could only get the truck up to 26 psi boost. They could get the dyno to load the truck right. We only had about 10 minutes to play with the nitrous, so I'm sure theres plenty more on tap when we get more tuning time in. My 03 SEMA truck only went 560hp and 1065Tq. It would only get up to about 24-25 psi. We got it loaded once finally and got 35 psi out of it, but it downshifted and only went 490hp. We've got a lot to figure out on this dyno stuff. But we had a good start I think. The SEMA truck is in this months issue of 8 lug magazine, so you guys check it out. Its on the cover. Also uploaded a vid of a pretty decent burnout we did today in the video forum.

Blacksdieselhp said:
We had a dyno day today in Woodstock, Ga and our 06 Megacab went 716HP and the tq ran off the screen, so we really did get a good # on it. We could only get the truck up to 26 psi boost. They could get the dyno to load the truck right. We only had about 10 minutes to play with the nitrous, so I'm sure theres plenty more on tap when we get more tuning time in. My 03 SEMA truck only went 560hp and 1065Tq. It would only get up to about 24-25 psi. We got it loaded once finally and got 35 psi out of it, but it downshifted and only went 490hp. We've got a lot to figure out on this dyno stuff. But we had a good start I think. The SEMA truck is in this months issue of 8 lug magazine, so you guys check it out. Its on the cover. Also uploaded a vid of a pretty decent burnout we did today in the video forum.

Where was the dyno???

Im here is Smyrna, Ga .....Would love to have come up and re-dynoed mine......

Nice #'s for the Mega.......

Saw your '03 in 8 LUG,that is a bad arse ride.

What mods do you have on the Mega.

Hey just saw the feature in 8Lug, absolutely gorgeous truck! Very very nice!

Congrats on the Megacab #'s as well!

The mega cab has a Smarty/TST/MP-8 stack, 80hp Scheid injectors, Floor It stage 2 injector pump, FASS 150, 5 inch MBRP, Silver Bullet 66, ATS Exhaust Man, ARP Head Studs and a nitrous express 2 stage kit with the prgressive controller and a Goerend Trans.

The SEMA truck(one in the magazine and my avatar) has a Smarty/TST/MP-8, silver bullet 66, FASS 200, CFM+, 5 inch MBRP, Stage 2 Snow Kit, nitrous express stacker kit(never been sprayed) and a Georend trans. We couldn't get the solenoid to work on it today, so I didn't get to spray it.

I was ok with the #'s but I didn't feel like either truck put down quite as much as they should have. The boost #'s were low on the dyno and the mega cab will smoke the tires if you floor it while rolling about 30-35 mph, and thats with no nitrous and before we put the stage 2 floor it pump on. We've got a cam sitting in the shop ready to go in the megacab and hopefully do some head work on it. We'd love to get it to 1000 hp. Greg Hogue helped us a LOT with the nitrous setup over the phone. We hope to go dyno with him out in Ft Worth soon. I'm sure he can help us pull a few more horses out of it.

I’m glade you had good results, the NX progressive system with the boost reference controller is really the only way to go on a diesel. No more hobb switches, or having to have multiple solenoids. I send out several of those a week, and always get the same results , its runs really good. *nx*

Yea, it is awesome. I can't wait to come out and hopefully get you to help us tune it. I know theres more left in it. The last run when we added the 2nd solenoid, the Silver Bullet 66 almost came loose. Its still hanging in there. But not for long. Guess we'll pull it off today.

Yeah, anyone have any spare 66's laying around??? Pretty much sounds like a Honda civic backing up at about 30MPH when it starts to spool!!!! :doh: Thanks to everyone that really helped us throw this truck together in a week!!!! Greg Houge, Bob Wagner for the custom tune, John from Floor it that got us a pump in a day, and Dave Goerend for making sure everything stayed together!!! I have alot of room for stickers in case anyone wants to sponsor!!:hehe:
Thanks again guys!
Mike

Ah, come on. Surely there a vendor out there somewhere that will send a couple of poor guys some parts to run for advertisement.:rockwoot: I turbo would be great for now. A head from Texas would be awesome too. Two heads would be even better, hint hint to Comp.

I've had a lot of pm's about or website being down. It should be back up and running by tomorrow. Its not a very good site yet, I done it myself and I'm not very computer savvy, but it will get better soon. But all the contact info is there if anyone wants or needs anything. Thanks for the interest guys.

Back