75...90 psi, what gasket I have to use?

wagoneer

I have O-ringed block whit copper wire and standard gasket. Its hold 55 psi whit no problems. Now I like to go whit twins and little more boost.
Can I make O-ring in the head as well and use standard gasket? or do I have to make fire rings and use the gasket whit out stock firerings?
Can I use the firerings in street truck?
What is the best way to go?

When I build my first engine I made O-ring to the block and putting copperwire in it. I can use some steel wire as well but how much more pressure its hold then copper wire?
I will build second engine now and I want to build it to last little more boost (you never know when you need a BIG turbo).

why not build it with a well ported head and a good cam so that you can make the same power on 50psi as you could at 90psi on a stocker? :D

copper = soft, stainless = hard

Actualy I will cut the intake manifold off to port the head. Then I like to build a new intake. What cam I have to use and who make them? If I can get same results whit less boost then why not.
I will use marine pistons and 370 injectors.

I didnt think you would want to run copper on a dialy driven truck due to the heat cycles it would take copper would be more fragile then the ss o-rings and why o-ring the block. I though you only o-ring the head or fire ring the block and head? I would fire ring the head and maybe the block and put a gasket kit on it from haisley.. like 225 bucks for the rings and gasket... it is suppoesed to hold up to 140psi. I ran about 60 and never had any issues.

This haisley gasket set is what I was thinking to use.
Do I have to fire ring the block and head or head only? Why cant fire ring the block only?

.010 cummins HG with SS orings @ 11 thou protrusion here sees 80 everytime its driven with no problems.

same here, cummins headgasket with built in O Ring, 70 80 psi often, never a problem

kevin

Back