751 hp 1,512 torque with the '06..

Morse

Diesel
It's not as good as many here, but I was pretty happy. The top turbo is wastegated at 23 pounds, and then it has a blow off set at 50 pounds.. Total boost is 50 pounds by the gauge on the street. The first pass was the 751 hp and 1512 torque. The second pass was 748hp and I believe 1500 torque. It was making peak hp around 2800 rpm. This was with a set of old school twins by Joe Hellmann, which are an HX40 and a BHT3B with large housings. Injectors are DDP 200's.. It's now got a lockup box and an MP8, so I look forward to going to the strip again soon.. I'm in KY, and drove it here from FL. My fuel mileage running 78 mph was over 19 mpg each tank. I'm keeping the boost low, and plan to spray it mid December with a mild shot.. A true 10 second practical daily driver is my goal. I need lots of mph since traction is a little issue..
Speedy Dyno in Owensboro, KY took a video to post on their website. I believe they may post the sheet as well.

What programing was this with I know you have been trying several different things lately. Congrats by the way!!

Cool Brad! I was kinda wondering what happened with the new twins setup. Congrats on the numbers!

It was actually a Bully Dog with an MP8 stack. The truck ran well with the Smarty, yet after going with big fuel it had issues with timing. The only way I could run the truck was with stock timing using the Smarty. I still have it, and will try it again later on down the road.. Bob has always tried to set me up and has supplied me with great customer service.
I was looking at my dyno graph, and peak power actually came in at around 25-2600 rpm. Then it just leveled off. What would cause it to level off at such low rpm? It's definitely overfueled at the boost I'm running.

Morse said:
It was actually a Bully Dog with an MP8 stack. The truck ran well with the Smarty, yet after going with big fuel it had issues with timing. The only way I could run the truck was with stock timing using the Smarty. I still have it, and will try it again later on down the road.. Bob has always tried to set me up and has supplied me with great customer service.
I was looking at my dyno graph, and peak power actually came in at around 25-2600 rpm. Then it just leveled off. What would cause it to level off at such low rpm? It's definitely overfueled at the boost I'm running.

What are you considering " big fuel " I wouldn't say I have big fueling but, with dual pumps I have plenty of it.

The reason I ask is, I ran the smarty/mp-8 with excellent results compared to the BD/MP-8.

The BD had a custom tune 2.7.2 which was suppose to be all that. I ran a 13.4 in the 1/4. Then I changed to the smarty beta 4.2/mp-8 and ran a 12.6.

The smarty does do a LOT of fueling down low and does level out up top which is a great reason to stack it with something like the TST... if that works on your truck.

Morse you have to come over to Henderson, Ky sometime. You have to show us that truck. Maybe some of us kydtr #41 guys can meet you in Owensboro at Moonlite BBQ or something

Triton, I have big fuel compared to my previous setup. With my stock cp3, and 90hp DDP's, the Smarty beta worked great and ran consistant low 12's at 113 mph with a 62-14. I now have dual pumps, modified injector bodies, DDP competion injectors, and an Airdog 150 with half inch lines feeding the pumps. With this setup, the truck had way too much rattle with the beta tunes turned up. Stock timing on level 8 gave me best results. It ran an 11.68 at 119.69 on drag radials with the Smarty. The first night I tried the CL program it ran an 11.61 at 120 on 20'' street tires. It also broke loose in third and I had to pedal it.

Haloman, I'd like to meet up with ya there.. I only went there once this past week, but I could eat there every day if I could.. I eat until I feel sick.. It's just that good.. haha.. I'm coming in a couple weeks before christmas and staying through new years. If you'd want to get some people together, we could go to Speedy dyno and run some passes, then hit Moonlight to top off the day. I'm gonna spray it next time I'm in, and maybe others would be interested in dynoing their trucks.

Thanks Bob. Just let me know. I'll take it to the dyno next time I go.. Thanks again for trying to set me up.. I do appreciate it..

I just had TS install an MP8 and their transmission control lockup box. My mileage with the current setup was upper 19's running 78 mph. After the install, it pulled right at 23 mpg. It gave me a solid 3 mpg increase hand calculated. I got cocky and found out that foam in a fuel tank takes up quite a bit of room. I have the tank stuffed with logs of foam from bottom to top. The farthest I can go on a tank is 360 miles.. I was one mile from my exit here in FL driving in from KY last night when I ran out of fuel. Sucked.. No flash light.. Luckily I had some extra fuel with me and a little crescent wrench. Made the trip just that much longer..

Morse that sounds good. I've talked to Greg some about setting up a dyno day. So they are cool with smoke? Is there anyday that would be good for you and the Speedy guys? All of our guys are itching for a dyno day. Check our chapter discussion thread on DTR. Hope we can get something setup.

Daniel

Back