78 Ford CCSB Fummins swap

just curious if you can pull the #6 valve cover off when the engine is bolted in?

A little progress. Engine pack from paint and rebuilt minus some accessories and pan. Trans painted. Motor mounts and new frame perches back from blast and paint. Cable-x box in for speedo. Pedal assembly in.
y2urudat.jpg
esyvumuz.jpg
ty7azumu.jpg
gurevasy.jpg
ytaqysyt.jpg
yga5ehys.jpg
e9emunun.jpg
9edy8e8a.jpg

Got some more work done. Engine and transmission put in. Finishing the Trans/transfer case crossmember. Getting ready to plumb and wire.
zesepaba.jpg

e8e5etyd.jpg

nyqu6edy.jpg
5uresuby.jpg
ra7a5uvy.jpg
yzyre8yb.jpg

Last edited:
Been busysorry it's taken so long to update.

Got the truck at drive line shop right now.

All the wiring other than the Abbott cable x box is done.

Got the fuel supply valve wired up and functional. Using a newer power stroke valve and 80s era switch to retain stock appearance. It was a bit of a pain but it works and I didn't have to run any new wires. Made a diagram of it if anybody has questions on it.

Alternator, ac compressor and starter work just as they should.

For reference an ammeter is different from a volt meter especially when wiring it up. Accidentally smoked one during testing before realizing what I had done.

The alternator also needed a diode in the signal line to keep from back feeding to the shutoff solenoid.

Had to cannibalize a couple different radiator hoses to get the radiator plumbed up. Also bent some half inch steel line for the heater core.

I'll have pics and more detailed descriptions later this week.

Looks much better than the ol green truck !! Spent a little more time on this one when I start on the68 you might be getting a few calls . That would be one ford I would own

Back