8.3 Cummins?

I can't find any. I'll get one at the next pull he is at.

Todd, have you seen butler pull lately? I haven't seen him all year, but I haven't made it to many pulls

Some on Facebook. I will see if I can get them to transfer over or see if he posted them on YouTube.

The weak link is the cylinder liners. They don't like RPM. Flanges break around the top. There is a fix. Custom liners. No, I don't know who makes them.

I want to put a L with a 12 valve head and a ppump in something mysekf

Well let's see if this works, I've never posts a video
This is Jason butler's 8.3, talked to some people and its a 540 now.
[ame]http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p677/mfsuper90/mercedes/0A2D6E71-B690-4136-9475-60BDB2803EAA-294-000000153C42F964_zps79689630.mp4[/ame]

Edit: Oh yeah, sorry bout the crap video. His guillotine shut on him, then my phone died, so I missed his good run :nail:

And Power bore make custom sleeves. They had a stand at Gordyville last year, and they are in Ohio:Cheer:

Last edited:
That Moline ran good last night. I did the same, started to video first run and forgot to video 2nd run.

Is this butler on here? would be fun to talk to him since i'm putting something similar together.

Not that I know of sixinarow. I don't even think he has a Facebook or anything

Hmmm... I've always wanted a tractor. This maybe a good project tractor in a Oliver for our local Heavy Pro Farm class! Especially at that cubic inch. Who has performance part for an 8.3L? Is the mechanical head the similar to a 5.9? Or the injection pump?

An 8.9L crank makes it an 8.9L, LOL

Unless it is bored over, they (8.3 / 8.9) have the same bore.

On a side note, 8.3 cranks have four damper bolts, 8.9 cranks have five. At least its that way on isc/isl models. Easy way to tell without snooping too much.

:doh: it's been a long day

Good idea, but still hard to do on a tractor with side shields :lolly:

An 8.9L crank makes it an 8.9L, LOL

Unless it is bored over, they (8.3 / 8.9) have the same bore.

On a side note, 8.3 cranks have four damper bolts, 8.9 cranks have five. At least its that way on isc/isl models. Easy way to tell without snooping too much.

I kow this,but it was mentioned that he was at 585ci,so I assume its bored and stroked more possibly. 4.75 x 5.5 is 585. just one combo.

I kow this,but it was mentioned that he was at 585ci,so I assume its bored and stroked more possibly. 4.75 x 5.5 is 585. just one combo.

Dont worry, I wasnt taking a shot at anyones knowledge base. I just like to state the obvious :Cheer:

Have you found anyone that makes custom liners?

I wonder how hard / stupid it would be to hard block around a wet liner to keep it from cracking. Good luck rebuilding it :doh:

Back