8.3L Cummins Transplant

Torque rating doesn't mean chit. Plenty of 900+ HP semis running 1650/1850tq transmissions with no problems. And even more 400hp fleet trucks destroying them.

Well...good. I planned on having everything removed by now, but life. The 5106 is 4 inches longer and has a remote shifter on top. I think it should pull and the 5005 tower and stick should go right into it....haven't proven it yet. Everything on this truck is old and hasn't moved in years so every single bolt seems like a fight. Everything is loose except the driveshaft. Once I pull that I can drop the tranny and start working the engine out.

8.3L is 8" longer and the tranny is 4" longer so I'm certain I'll need to shorten the drive shaft. Anyone got a nose extender kit? LOL

Torque rating doesn't mean chit. Plenty of 900+ HP semis running 1650/1850tq transmissions with no problems. And even more 400hp fleet trucks destroying them.

More specifically HP rating means nothing. Torque is what kills **** be it 400hp or 1400hp.

Don't worry about the torque rating...you'll be the only one driving it, and you won't be flat footing the skinny pedal, just roll into it.

If I had a 7 speed, or even a 6OD I wouldn't have sent it to you....

Chris

Don't worry about the torque rating...you'll be the only one driving it, and you won't be flat footing the skinny pedal, just roll into it.

If I had a 7 speed, or even a 6OD I wouldn't have sent it to you....

Chris

Scrooge.... :hehe:

J/K

I think I'll like the 6. Top gear is direct just like the 5, but it will be nice to have another gear. The 3-4 shift was a bit tall at #26K in the 5 speed. Reverse and 1st are both lower in the 6 so I doubt I'll ever use 1st gear much.

The Detroit ran closer to 3100-3200 at 65 mph. The lower RPM of the Cummins might kinda suck if I can't go over 60 mph without rappin' it out. I'll have to figure that out.

Last edited:
Probably not. You pay in US dollars I sell in Canadian dollars. You guys at up like 30% right now

That makes me sound like a dealer or something..... I'm not lol. Just a private guy. But being in Alberta. Selling for $1000 CAD you're only paying like $720 USD as the markets are now.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Edit: God Dang auto-rotating POS pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_6884[1].jpg
    IMG_6884[1].jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6885[1].jpg
    IMG_6885[1].jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 0
29.5" long, not sure where your 6sp is at.

25.56".

My budget doesn't allow for "tranny purchases." LOL I can only hope it will cover a clutch from Vallance if the one I have won't work or needs rebuilt.

Hopefully the motor will come out tonight. Only thing holding it in is the two bolts on the front cross-member mount and gravity.

I'm traveling to Vegas in 3 weeks with a race car trailer that will fit Luke's Eaton Fuller. I can haul it across the border and drop it off anywhere along my route. Then you'd just have to ship it east once it's stateside.

Back