86f-250 with a 94 turbo diesel???

SCOOTER

94 came with a :ft: but turbo will not fit in the 86 f-250 4x4, what if any options do i have with a turbo on the 86? i would like to run a :ft:
the navistar runs really well without but you can tell something is missing.
the 86 was originally a 6.9 with non turbo but the motor went boom boom.
what can i do?
is propane a alternative?
thanks
SCOOTER

Last edited:
I dont know the differences between a 94 turbo setup on a 7.3 and the 6.9, but from what I have heard its just the crossover pipe? Look into ATS, Banks, and Hypermax for turbo kits for your 6.9L

Banks I believe sells the most complete kit, if they are still producing the sidewinder turbo kits at all now.
ATS and Hypermax, you have to buy extra stuff, like exhaust and such.

Ats has the best turbo now I do believe with the 2000. From what I have heard it flows alot better then the banks, not sure on the Hypermax.

Andy

A 93-94 7.3IDI turbo setup will fit flawlessly onto the 6.9. You might have to massage the firewall a little for downpipe clearance, but it will all bolt on? Are you talking about a turbo on a 94PSD? Propane isnt for the light at heart, the 6.9's have notoriously weak head gaskets, so i wouldnt recomend that. If you propane an IDI, do it to a 7.3 and i still wouldnt do it without ARP bolts, or studs preferably.

twelve0six said:
A 93-94 7.3IDI turbo setup will fit flawlessly onto the 6.9. You might have to massage the firewall a little for downpipe clearance, but it will all bolt on? Are you talking about a turbo on a 94PSD? Propane isnt for the light at heart, the 6.9's have notoriously weak head gaskets, so i wouldnt recomend that. If you propane an IDI, do it to a 7.3 and i still wouldnt do it without ARP bolts, or studs preferably.
very bad idea! the interior of the cab would be like a furnace!:thankyou2:

You oughta be able to bolt up the Factory Ford Turbo For the '93 with no problems at all.. I swapped a '94 Turbo Diesel into a '90 and i had absolutely no problems. I did a 6.9l with a Banks setup in my '88 F350 and i have plenty of room..

As for Overdrive trannies..i think you pretty much stuck with the ZF 5spd, unless you wanted to get a new clutch, Pressure Plate, Flywheel, Clutch Master/Slave Cylinder, then you could prolly do a '99-'03 7.3l ZF 6spd

Bobus

Back