88 f250

go_or_blow

hey ya'll i have an 88 f250 with the 7.3 in it and i was just wondering how big of a pain it would be to put a 7.3 powerstroke in it. i found a wrecked 95 in the junk yard with a good motor in it but everything else is pretty screwed. any help would be very much appreciated. or just someone to tell me it would be to much trouble lol:Cheer:eek:h btw the motor blew in old blue last week pullin a trailer out of a muddy pasture

I thought about it with my truck, since I have a 93 it's the exact same body style as the 94-97 strokers. Even on mine everyone said you would be better off selling the IDI & looking for a stroker. Other wise there is going to be a ton of wiring & alot of work swapping engines. You'll also need to pull the PCM out of the wreaked truck too. I'm not exactly sure how that would work on a 87-91 cab though.

You would need basically everything from the cab forward electronically, even the throttle is drive by wire so you'll need the go-pedal too

hey guys sorry i havent got back to you sooner, but thanks for the replies. decided to go ahead and sell it to my girlfriends brother. looking for a truck now if anyone knows anything get to me thanks in advance

Back