886 HP and 1770 FtLb 12v

BigYellowIron

Diesel Tech
Got the "new' P7100 on and ran it at the Kearney dyno day. I had no opportunity to tune this on the dyno. The 886 was with a small shot of nitrous (.035" jet). That run I blew the boot off of the small turbo, but it was after the power peaked. After fixing the boot, we was able to make 2 more runs all within 10+- HP. We then decided to get off the dyno and let the other people run while I tweaked the fuel a little. When I got back on the power was down 30 hp from earlier so I need to tweak it a little more. When I was on there the second time we ran the truck with fuel only + water only to keep it a little cooler, I pulled 810 and 1405.
All in all I was not expecting to see these numbers without even tuning it. But oh well Maybe I will be able to squeeze a little more out of the old worn out truck.

This was done on John @ Floor it Diesel DynoDynamics Dyno.

I have the Graphs but no scanner, I may try and take a pic of then with the digital camera.

Oh and the P7100 Was from Steve @ Saint Joseph Diesel.

Thanks

Adam

BigYellowIron said:
Nothing secret here. What do you want to know?
Aftermarket or stock pistons?
Comp ratio?
who's cam and injectors?
Who's turbo and how much boost?
How much CC from P-pump and how much rpm?

:evil

Thanks

No2.jpg

Nitrous-1.jpg

AsTroSS said:
Aftermarket or stock pistons?
Comp ratio?
who's cam and injectors?
Who's turbo and how much boost?
How much CC from P-pump and how much rpm?

:evil

Thanks

Comp ratio- Stock pistons with a +.020 gasket

Cam- Stock

Injectors- 5 x .020 I beleive they came from columbus Diesel ( they are actually loaned to me from Dan Cronican (HelicopterDan) Im going to switch to a set From St Joe Diesel soon.

Turbo- PDR twins hx40 Bht3b

Boost- 70 on No 2 and 75 on Nitrous

Pump CC- aprox 560 cc ( I adjusted up after it came off of the stand, we set it on the stand at 500)

Rpm- I think the graph will show you what you want to know.

What else you want to know.

Thanks
Adam

Dang good numbers there Adam and you know if you did it on Johns' dyno the numbers are for real, would go over 900 on a dynojet.

It's also nice to see you using Saint Joseph Diesel, good people there and there not all wrapped up in the internet crap.

Jim

Jim Fulmer said:
Dang good numbers there Adam and you know if you did it on Johns' dyno the numbers are for real, would go over 900 on a dynojet.

It's also nice to see you using Saint Joseph Diesel, good people there and there not all wrapped up in the internet crap.

Jim

Thanks Jim.

Those people at SJD are awsome to work with.

I would like to see what it will put out on a Dynojet.

Im starting to worry about my botom end now, it has 180k on it. Im still using stock head bolts too.

Stock headbolts? do they really hold 75 psi ?

Fire-ringed or o-ringed head ?

How about headwork? ported ?

AsTroSS said:
Stock headbolts? do they really hold 75 psi ?

Fire-ringed or o-ringed head ?

How about headwork? ported ?

Oringed bout 4 years ago. And the bolts seem to be holding well.

The head has a very light port job done on it.

What is done to these high HP bht3b's to support that kind of power? You always here they are done around 550-600 but I keep seeing higher numbers. Big congrats man!

B18B1LS1 said:
What is done to these high HP bht3b's to support that kind of power? You always here they are done around 550-600 but I keep seeing higher numbers. Big congrats man!

My first setup was a stock 35, 18.5 housing, external wategate and a BHT3B/26 that setup did 706hp in the fall of 03'

Jim

97crewcab said:
Awsome. Big improvement over the 6xx on the 215 pump.
Big yellow, FYI we got that above mentioned pump installed on fri, it appears to be working very well.
Thanks,
Jim

Back