9 second 4wd's

SMOKIN93

Do all the 9 second 4wd's out there meet the 24" crank centerline rule? I think mines at like 32":doh: Not sure How I'm gonna lower it 8" as my tires already rub when I turn sharp

im pretty sure you got the highest 4x4 of them all lol. what size tires you runnin?

Im runnin 33's, I don't wanna go any shorter, I have run shorter ones in the past, Victor and David use to run a taller tire and aren't as happy with the new ones.

Im runnin 33's, I don't wanna go any shorter, I have run shorter ones in the past, Victor and David use to run a taller tire and aren't as happy with the new ones.

with the shorter tires did you feel that your 60ft was slower or that you were runnin out of gear at the end or what?

i would bet that you would only get into 9's easier the lower it is.

c'mon you and your bro are always fabricating, it wouldnt be that hard to give the weights a lift

Last edited:
Run a 9 once and get kicked off the track in a blaze of glory, then go back to running 10.0's.

I will not go out there and run slower then what it can run, are you really sayin that Dennis and CSI and the Smitty truck and the 10 other 9 second trucks are all 24" or lower

I will not go out there and run slower then what it can run, are you really sayin that Dennis and CSI and the Smitty truck and the 10 other 9 second trucks are all 24" or lower

can't speak for everyone....but the smitty racing truck is 24" and been measured several times at NHRA tracks.

Max'd Out is below the 24" But it has that whimpy IFS under it.

Mine is just under the 24inches also. As for the tires rubbing, it is all in the offset of the rims.

Drop a leaf or two on all corners and add airbags. Then you can go up for pulls and down for racing. Might help on tuning the launch too. Might just be a pipe dream LMAO.

Drop a leaf or two on all corners and add airbags. Then you can go up for pulls and down for racing. Might help on tuning the launch too. Might just be a pipe dream LMAO.

Dont think airbags are allowed for pulling iirc.

They are but the air supply line must be disconnected, that's actually not a bad idea. I just took a bunch of leafs out of the front pack and got it to about 26 1/2" now the tires rub when I turn sharp so gotta do a litlle bit of fender trimming. The spring plates are real close to the frame and the oil pan and crossmember are close to the axle but it should work, now I just gotta make some adjustable bump stops to raise the front for puling so the weights don't drag the ground.
2nd gen motors must sit lower in the trucks then these first gens, cause I don't think I can get it to 24", maybe though

Meaning no air can be in the bags, or no changes can be made to the air pressure?

I ran air bags on the front of my Super Street truck under NADM rules and it was legal. Techs had no problem with it. You just cannot be adding air, in other words, no compressor. It also seemed to bit a lot harder.

Last edited:
Back