91 7.3 idi

cjncummins

I have a 1991 f-250 plow truck, and the thing has no power what so ever. We bought a rebuilt motor out of a truck because the old one was knocking and had no power. With the rebuilt one, It is doing the same thing. I was wondering if anyone has ran into this type of situation.:bang

Well as you prolly know the IDIs wernt known for great power.. But if it has alot of knock and low power there could be a timing issue.. I had a '90 F350 CC 7.3l and I had the Timing advanced a bit far, She would knock comparable too a Stroke and it didn't have much for power

Yeah i know that they arnt powerhouses but it will not do over 40mph and smokes like a train. The old motor did the exact same thing, but it also knocked. I think it might be in the fuel system because if you let it sit for a couple days without starting it, you will have the ether it to get it started, so it is loosing prime somewhere.

Well, I had an issue on my '88 where the Return was plugged and it would Idle but wouldn't have any power to move the truck.. I know they ar notorious for Air leaks in the Return Hoses between injectors.. They cause the no start after a few days of sitting, or even over night if parked on a slant

Well i know thats not it because i replaced all the hoses between the injectors. We also pulled the box off to clean the tanks, and when we did that we blew out all the lines to make shure that they wernt pulgged.

put the motor out of your red truck in it for the winter and then switch back for pullin next year

Back